Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 AM

Default I [censored] up

I locked my cat underneath the house in the crawl space and he died. I am devastated. I feel empty, hollow. I'd had him for 13 years, and he was the best cat in the world. And I killed him. He was missing, and the crawl space door was open. I called and called, and checked with a flashlight, and saw no sight or sound of him. I couldn't see all the way to the far side of the crawl space. I didn't go in and check it all out. I don't know why I didn't. I closed the door. I checked back the next day, just in case, but again there was no answer, and I didn't go in. I closed the door.

That was two weeks ago. He died under there. There has been a faint smell of garbage the last couple of days that won't go away when I took out the trash, and after I got home from dancing tonight, it hit me. I knew the smell had to be him, under the house.

I went under with a flashlight and some garbage bags, heavy gloves. I didn't want to leave him there.

It was him. He died. He had pulled down the insulation. He was trapped. I closed the door and locked him in and he died under there, of cold, starvation, and thirst. I killed him, and it was solw and horrible. He could hear me up in the house, ignoring him as he died.

This is the worst I have ever [censored] up. And my cat died from it. He was so good. He used to come sit on my chest and night and purr. He slept on the pillow next to me. He was here, and then I killed him because I was too lazy to crawl under the house.

I'm sorry Dan. I'm so sorry.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: I [censored] up

I am emotionally immune to most things on the internet, but this was really sad.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:31 AM

jesus i almost cried. sorry for you, dont beat yourself up too bad about it man
Old 11-26-2007, 02:35 AM

It's not your fault pal. I know it sucks, but you know it was just a freak accident. Sorry about your cat.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 AM

sorry man, don't be too hard on yourself. at least he was 13 & not younger, it might have just been his time anyways...
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 AM

sucks.
u can kind of even things out in a weird sense.
Go adopt a cat from the pound that would most likely be put down otherwise.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 AM

boro, thats terrible, sorry dude. overly friendly cats are so hard to part with when they die. We had a stray that we took in, essentially the friendliest, most social being I'd ever encountered in my life, and two years later he had a bunch of blood clots and we had to put him down, it was heart wrenching.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:41 AM

Sorry to hear that, Boro, great looking cat. Buried two of my cats, I was very sad. Forgive yourself, [censored] happens.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He was missing, and the crawl space door was open. I called and called, and checked with a flashlight, and saw no sight or sound of him. I couldn't see all the way to the far side of the crawl space. I didn't go in and check it all out. I don't know why I didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boro, you made a mistake. 99/100 simple mistakes like this don't cause much damage, this time it did. Don't beat yourself up over this, you loved Dan and would never consciously cause him pain. I'm sure in his 13 years he had a great life and spent many loving moments with you. Remember those.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Don't beat yourself up man, take it easy.