Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Default The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

About to watch first ep of TUF. From the previews, Matt Serra definitely comes off like a punk and Hughes just gives off this vibe like he's a real champion. Looking forward to this season.

Tonight's UFC PPV is the first one in a while I don't really care about, probably not going to watch it.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

Tonight looks pretty cool to me, griffin-shogun and sanchez-finch should be sick fights. Respond to your PM foo
Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Wasn't Hughes a cocky d-bag on the last season of TUF?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:22 PM

All,

Hahhahahahaa. Matt Serra just seems like such a joke of a coach compared to Hughes after the first episode.

During the fight, Hughes guy on top in guard, Hughes: "Move around so I can see what'd happening"

During the fight, Serra guy on bottom in side control, Serra: "OK man, OK, OK looking good!"

The submission, what a joke. He reset that triangle like 5 times to get it locked in.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 PM

I hate matt serra so much. Everytime I think about him being a title holder I go on megatilt.

As for tonight's ppv, I'm excited to see Liddell again, and I think Griffin vs Rua should be fun
Old 09-22-2007, 08:07 PM

4/5 of the fights on the main card are almost guaranteed to be good/enjoyable. I can see the Machida fight being somewhat boring. As far as TUF, Hughes definitely has a big edge on Serra in many regards.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:30 PM

AJ,

Liddell vs. Jardine. I dunno, maybe I don't give Jardine as much credit as he's due. I just figured Liddell would beat him pretty easily.

Shogun v. Forrest. This one I'd like to see. I love watching Griffin fight.

Fitch v. Sanchez. I dunno, I'm kinda sick of Diego and his fights. The ring girl he's engaged to is really hot, though.

Machida v ? - hadn't heard of opponent

Tavares v ? - hadn't heard of opponent
Old 09-22-2007, 08:46 PM

ElD, the Rua/Forrest fight alone is garunteed to be worth the price you pay for the PPV

Jon Fitch generally has exciting fights, so that'll be well worth watching

Jardine/Lidell, here's a fight where both have to show up big, so expect to see fireworks

I've never been a fan of machida. He's very much a lay and pray type of guy who wins on points in the end, but his fights are insanely boring. outside of him though, all of these fights look to be exciting, so the PPV should be worth spending money on
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Tavares is fighting Tyson Griffin, of whom I've seen 3-4 fights and all were very good/exciting. His recent fight against Clay Guida was honestly one of the best MMA fights I've seen.

The Fitch vs Sanchez fight is more about Fitch than Sanchez, I don't really care about Sanchez either, but Fitch is apparently a beast and it should be good.

Jardine vs Liddell should be an entertaining, straight up slug-fest, kinda like how on the last UFC they paired up Kongo vs Cro Cop and kicks from both was pretty much all that was expected. Here its the same, except with fists. I doubt its gonna last very long, but don't be surprised if Jardine catches Iceman with something, as from what I've seen Iceman doesn't keep his hands up and exposes himself a lot (which lures people into coming after him, and he lands a counter and wins).

Machida avoids getting hit a lot ala Mayweather, and his opponent is a judo guy, so I can see it being a snoozefest, but it could be good. Machida seems like a guy that would just be really hard to beat.

I'm no expert, and these are just my opinions, but to me it looks like an enjoyable UFC. To be honest, I doubt were gonna see a bad UFC card anytime soon, as they go out of their way to provide entertaining pairings.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Hooter's used to show all the UFC fights, but they aren't playing tonight's fight. Is there any way for me to find out where in Los Angeles it's playing? There's no way I'm gonna pay to watch it streamed on the internet. If someone in LA wants to invite me to their viewing party, you won't regret it!
Closed Thread