Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Hollywood Hair Hall Of Fame

The Hollywood Hair Hall of Fame is an attempt to pay homage to those actors who have not only brought joy to our lives with their acting, but have graced us with the presence of their tremendous hair. This thread will count down my top ten "great hair" list.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:34 PM

Default #10 - Val Kilmer

Effective in both serious and comedic roles, Val Kilmer's hair is similarly versatile in whatever role he plays. He clocks in at #10 on my Hollywood Hair Hall Of Fame.

Val Kilmer in "Top Secret"

In his first starring role, Val sported a cool 50's era flip, kind of a quasi-homage to Elvis Presley and the California surfing scene.

Val Kilmer in "Real Genius"

Val's hair is similar to "Top Secret", but a bit less stylized. While it looks cool, nothing could prepare us for what was coming.

Val Kilmer in "Top Gun"

As the "Iceman", Val created perhaps the greatest single hair style in modern film history. Awesome. I've been told that just looking at Val in "Top Gun" has been known to cause women to spontaneously cream their pants.

Val Kilmer in "Willow"

As Madmardigan, Val goes brunette for the first time, and sports some greasy extensions. An interesting contrast from Tom Kazanski, to be sure.

Val Kilmer in "The Doors"

Playing Jim Morrison, Val adopts Jim's shaggy do and convincingly pulls it off. He almost looks like a Morrison doppelganger. Well done.

Val Kilmer in "Batman Forever"

In his one and done Batman appearance, Val sports a neatly trimmed, more "full head of hair" look for Bruce Wayne; quite a departure from the previous Batman (Michael Keaton, who decidedly does not make this list). Not a career highlight.

Val Kilmer in "Heat"

Val goes back to his famous blonde locks in this Michael Mann thriller. Pulled back into a ponytail, I almost couldn't tell who was who in his scenes with Ashley Judd. Interesting look visually, and differentiates his character from Pacino and DeNiro.

Val Kilmer in "Wonderland"

As John Holmes, Val breaks out a 70's era perm to great effect. The authentic wispy mustache is a fantastic accentuating touch. Forget about the huge penis and the cocaine; it is clear why chicks wanted to bang this guy.

Congratulations, Val Kilmer.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: #10 - Val Kilmer

This has thread of the month potential.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has thread of the month potential.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, but only if brad pitt and johnny depp are rightfully #1 and #2.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Tdarko - have you forgotten about a certain older gentleman who has given us amazing hair performances in movies such as Black Rain, Wall Street, Romancing the Stone, etc?

Michael Douglas needs to go #2 or #1. It would be criminal if he doesn't.

-Al
Old 01-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Here's your boy Val rocking the full-on beard:

Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Hair Hall Of Fame

Before I continue, let me clarify that the list is composed entirely of male film actors. I am not Blackwell, or gay, so there are no chicks here. Also, wigs did not make this list. In doing this original list, I got to thinking, and decided that there will be "Hollywood Hair Hall of Fame: TV Edition" and "Toupee Edition" threads in the future. William Shatner "may" appear on one of these lists.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In doing this original list, I got to thinking, and decided that there will be "Hollywood Hair Hall of Fame: TV Edition" and "Toupee Edition" threads in the future. William Shatner "may" appear on one of these lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ted Danson should be a lock for both of those.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:52 PM

Vibesman - What's up with Danson's hair? He went from having this great coif during Cheers, to looking like it was thinning, to it being really grey and stubbly. Toup or plugs? Also it looks like all the color has drained from his face.

Sam - I would enjoy these suggested threads on this topic.

-Al
Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vibesman - What's up with Danson's hair? He went from having this great coif during Cheers, to looking like it was thinning, to it being really grey and stubbly. Toup or plugs? Also it looks like all the color has drained from his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ted combed and worked with his hair for the first few years of Cheers to make it look like Sam Malone's, but it was already thinning when he started the show, and after a few seasons he just started wearing a wig. In one of the later episodes (post-Shelley Long) there's actually a scene where Sam admits to Carla that he wears a wig and takes the thing off, revealing his bald dome. (Carla had slept with someone from the bar while drunk the previous night, and was feeling embarrassed and guilty, and Sam was trying to cheer her up.)

I actually just found out fairly recently that Danson wore a wig for most of the show's run, and was surprised. The Vibesgirl thought I should have known.