Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Weird hand from 6k tourney in Sweden

his range is huge here but a vast majority of his hands are draws or a weaker pair then yours. I think calling him down here is fie if he is very lag as u have said and u are quite deep so u can get away from ur hand if he moves in at some point and still have plenty of play
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his range is huge here but a vast majority of his hands are draws or a weaker pair then yours. I think calling him down here is fie if he is very lag as u have said and u are quite deep so u can get away from ur hand if he moves in at some point and still have plenty of play

[/ QUOTE ]
I still like a call of the allin as played. Even when he pushes, I think this guy still usually has a draw. I just don't think he has TPTK beaten that often when he takes this line. You have more than 38% equity, so I would call and gamble.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I still like a call of the allin as played. Even when he pushes, I think this guy still usually has a draw. I just don't think he has TPTK beaten that often when he takes this line. You have more than 38% equity, so I would call and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with betgo. The flop raise is just begging to be met by an all-in. Obviously I know the results now, but just by looking at the flop texture, the current pot-size and your stack sizes, I would probably have bet my bankroll on a shove from Friberg. You asked for it, and you got it.

Also... TJ, in case you haven't noticed, we're not keen on the phrase "raise for information" on these boards.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had exactly the same thoughts as TJ during the hand, I thought Erik could bet into me kinda light there with hands like KQ, T9, KT etc.

Since it´s likely he´s going to put pressure on me if I just call I decided to raise it. I thought for a while and made it 4200.
Erik instapushed back. I think I would have done exactly the same play with QQ/JJ and he knows that. So I think a reasonable handrange for a instapush from him is KTs, T9s, QJ, 44 maybe JJ.
When he pushed I hated my flopraise but afterwards I´m not sure, I think I still would have played it the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain 'thought for a while', would you have waited a similar amount of time to raise with QQ/JJ ?

i still think this situation is why reraising preflop is bad against someone like erik, you put around 100 BBs into this pot and still arent sure either way whether you're beat or not on the flop
Old 11-30-2007, 03:22 PM

350 pf, call flop, play poker you have position for crying out loud
Old 11-30-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm still thinking about the minraise for the first time. I usually run into AA/KK when that happens.