Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
Why not like, shoot em in the feet or something?

Then they can't get away before the cops get there, and you dont gotta worry about murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you're joking. If not, it seems like a terrible idea to go outside with the intent of using force to maim. It's going to be even more dangerous than going outside planning to kill them, and it's not like you're on clear legal ground with this maneuver either.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM

waa - Let me get this straight. The man decided to be a highly responsible gun owner and educated himself about relevant Texas gun laws. He demonstrated this knowledge to the 911 dispatcher, repeatedly. Then all of a sudden he goes outside with the express intent of using his weapon in an unlawful manner. Riiiiiiiiight.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waa - Let me get this straight. The man decided to be a highly responsible gun owner and educated himself about relevant Texas gun laws. He demonstrated this knowledge to the 911 dispatcher, repeatedly. Then all of a sudden he goes outside with the express intent of using his weapon in an unlawful manner. Riiiiiiiiight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what he did, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM

WRT any comparison here to rape, I want to make 2 comments. First, grand larceny and rape are leagues apart. Comparing them is rather silly.

Second, no one (at least with any decency) witnesses a rape in progress, calls 911, give the police 8 minutes, and then decides to help. You help immediately.

I might look at what this guy did differently had he witnessed this robbery and said, "Oh s**t! My neighbors are getting robbed. I need to get my gun and try to stop them." Then, at least he was acting in the moment (something I think is being overlooked). He wasn't acting in the moment though. He KNEW calling the cops was the correct thing, and only later did he attempt to get involved out of, what I presume to be, frustration. I'm just finding it hard to believe that, given his numerous comments about shooting them made to the 911 operator, he didn't walk out that door with then intention of killing them to avoid seeing them get away with the "bag of loot."
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM

ohead - How do you know the man wasn't threatened in some manner by the criminals? You seem kind of prejudiced.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM

JB - nobody compared grand larceny to rape.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ohead - How do you know the man wasn't threatened in some manner by the criminals? You seem kind of prejudiced.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm he went out there with the intention to kill the burglars, thats what I call premeditated murder.

He could just have stayed in his house and he would've avoided this situation, therefor his action was completely unnecessary .
Old 11-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Boris-

No. No one compared the two in terms of the crimes themselves. But there have been rape analogies made, including one from you. All I'm saying is that the two don't belong in the same conversation in any analagous terms, no more than murder and wire fraud need to be discussed in such terms.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm he went out there with the intention to kill the burglars, thats what I call premeditated murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
People planning to commit murder generally don't call the police first. Maybe he was leveling 911.
[ QUOTE ]
He could just have stayed in his house and he would've avoided this situation, therefor his action was completely unnecessary .

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL crimeaments. For you, what is the threshold for stopping the criminals? What do they have to be doing in order for you to confront them? Put yourself in this guy's shoes where you have a gun and the police aren't going to get there in time.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it then not be murder if the old man went outside unarmed and the thugs shanked him and killed him?
Closed Thread