Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Beat: Online poker rigged? (for real)

After my ridiculous downswing that lasted forever, I decided it was time to use my Canadian-ness for the greatest purpose: Playing against Europeans.

So I moved as much money as I could onto the Europeanest site I could find, and then took the rest of my money offline (minus a few K on stars/FTP for any good flipping opportunities, etc). I chose Eurobet.

Well, things went well there for a while, but then I noticed a problem with pokertracker. Some hands I copy/pasted into notepad during my sessions to review weren't showing up in PT. I bugged Pokertracker Pat about this for a while, and finally decided that the problem was I had to restart pokertracker each time I imported new hands from Eurobet. This was really annoying since it meant that I could no longer use auto-import w/PA HUD accurately, but whatever.

Then a while later, I noticed that I was up a lot more money on pokertracker than I was in my cashier. I thought this was weird, and tried to figure out what the problem was, but all the hands in the Eurobet database file seemed to be uploading properly into Pokertracker. This, as you may imagine, was pretty unnerving.

So I checked out Eurobet's software, and it seemed they had a "session browser," which was their own sort of mini-pokertracker, built straight into the software. I thought, "Excellent, now I can get to the bottom of this!"

But it was not to be:

Yes, it thinks I had a four-hour session where I played 35k hands and made $43.6k.

So I decided it was time to contact customer support. Eurobet has a special customer support system in which you send messages through their client, rather than through email.

Here is a quick summary of my experience with their customer support:

First, I sent them a message explaining my situation, and asking for a complete HH file so that I could figure out wtf was going on. Their response was completely retarded. So I sent a message back, explaining why their response was retarded. Their response to that was to wait while they forwarded my message to another department. A week later, I asked them why I still hadn't heard from their other department. They said they still hadn't heard from the other department. Two days later, I got pretty fed up and sent them a message threatening to take my money off their site. So the "other department" finally responded, saying basically the exact same retarded nothing that I got the first time. So I kindly explained to the second department why their response was retarded, and their response was again, retarded.

Finally, I got very angry and said that if I didn't get an answer that made a semblance of sense, and that involved my getting some kind of HH so I could find out why my account seemed to be short thousands of dollars, I was going to withdraw my money and file a complaint somewhere. Their response was the same retarded nonsense.

So I finished clearing my deposit bonus (ldo), and now I'm cashing out everything. Where can I file a complaint about this? Eurobet is part of the Ongame network. Is there some place where I can send a complaint about this issue to higher-ups in the Ongame network? If I send a complaint about this to whoever licenses the Ongame network, will it do anything?

FYI

I started with $7,332.50 (5k Euros, max buyin), and now have $14,302.35 in my account. That means I made:

$6969.85, according to Eurobet. Pokertracker says:

CLIFFNOTES: Money seems to be missing from Eurobet poker account according to pokertracker, Eurobet software completely incapable of handling this issue, and customer support basically ignores every request for a complete HH file.

Also: Eurobet also has the most monkey tilt-inducing software I've ever used. For example, to access the rebuy option you have to be sitting out. So to rebuy you have to quickly sit out, click cashier, rebuy, and sit back in between hands and hope you don't miss your button or something. To make matters worse, a "LEAVE" button is right below the "sit out" button which you have to click super fast all the time, and that button just immediately closes the table (and opening a table takes like 30 seconds) and gives up your seat. I've never tilted so hard because of software problems in my life.

PPS: I also cleared a $600 bonus, so Eurobet seems to be over $2,000 off.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Beat: Online poker rigged? (for real this time)

Also, I have a word document with the transcripts of all the messages to/from support. Anyone know how I can host it? The Eurobet Support replies are pretty lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 AM

Is it the conversion rate?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 AM

YOu do realize that poker tracker isn't always accurate right? Sometimes if you leave a table too quickly the file doesnt get sent your computer, if you leave mid way through a hand, the file doesnt get sent to your computer, etc.-- this is where the lost money is most likely.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 AM

The money was converted initially (5k Euros became 7.3k USD), but the balance remained in USD after that. So no.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YOu do realize that poker tracker isn't always accurate right? Sometimes if you leave a table too quickly the file doesnt get sent your computer, if you leave mid way through a hand, the file doesnt get sent to your computer, etc.-- this is where the lost money is most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm aware. And I send Eurobet messages about it (my statistics file is probably busted, send me a new one), and their response is "We like ponies".
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 AM

i think pokertracker just doesnt import all the hands. I think its a known problem at ongame. I dont play there all that much and my pokertracker is only off by very little but i got a friend, who is up >50k the last 3months with pokertracker showing him to be breakeven and missing an enourmous amount of hands.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm aware. And I send Eurobet messages about it (my statistics file is probably busted, send me a new one), and their response is "We like ponies".

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol's, Post the original Eurobet messages, I need a laugh
thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think pokertracker just doesnt import all the hands. I think its a known problem at ongame. I dont play there all that much and my pokertracker is only off by very little but i got a friend, who is up >50k the last 3months with pokertracker showing him to be breakeven and missing an enourmous amount of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE
Old 11-28-2007, 06:18 AM

please don't play on ongame, we should all boycott them for their EXTREMELY horrible software which they aren't even trying to fix.