Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

i have met euro and i would not want to [censored] him, but only because he would probably bruise many of my internal organs with his dong
Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have met euro and i would not want to [censored] him, but only because he would probably bruise many of my internal organs with his dong

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this totally out of context and now im like what the [censored]???
Old 11-25-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the Reggie Ball of OOT?
Marvin Williams? JJ? Acie Law? Calvin Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow these are very challenging analogies. Can't wait to see what 'T0ne can do w/ them.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to Roundmound/Statboy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Already asked and answered.

[ QUOTE ]
tone,

FWIW, JV and evan are both doing really well too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know, thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
What is your opinion on:

Tj combo
Aramfingal
(2 of the best bb4life posters imo, since you love that forum )

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize TJ's name. He's an underrated poster IMO.

For instance: Funny post
Unfunny post could've been made by ending it with Fresh Prince theme lyrics. Someone already did that, it was funny. Your attempt sucks.

Don't know where he disappeared to after that thread, but maybe he's one of those banned posters whose second names I don't know. I think that's doubtful though.

I did not recognize aramfingal's name, but after searching for his posts I do recognize the avatar. The name's just too odd for me to really remember I guess since I don't have a ton of interaction in BBV4L.

He has a very good sense of history (link) and his responses tend to be much more funny for the sake of funny than immature for the sake of funny, if that makes any sense.

Again though, upon searching for him, he hasn't posted in a while. That's sad.

[ QUOTE ]
and Nielso.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG, terrible. One of three posters I have on ignore right now. More conspiratorial than Cumulonimbus (which is saying something) and a lot more crazy about it. At least CumBus (as ED called him once, which was much funnier than his ElBlo response) seems to be interested in things outside of politics and recognizes that some of those theories out there are just completely insane.

He also tried to sneak his blog in as a respectable source during many a politics discussion before Melchy Beau figured out it was his and outed the stupid dirty trick.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:01 PM

I suspect that Statboy may be "last chance" based on name and avatar.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tone,

Please excuse my tone in the following sentences (haha im not funny) seriously though, its gonna sound like I might be ripping on you but im not.

Since you are such an experienced bbv4life hater/lurker tell me or bbv4life as a communitty what we are doing wrong. Leave out the single word posts and youtube link only posts please as I am well aware how dumb they are already. Try not to think and express your views on how bbv4life should be according to OOT standards.

We are OOT, we are just a very unfiltered and raw version.

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question, and I think I can explain a lot of why I feel how I feel.

The problem isn't necessarily immaturity, because there is a lot of funny immature humor. The problem is immaturity that isn't funny for any other reason. It's kinda like...wedgies vs "sounds like my prom night." Wedgies are kinda funny when you're really young, but soon become painful to be a part of and watch. "Sounds like my prom night" is pretty freakin funny when used correctly and sparingly. It's a funnier and much less commonly used "That's what she said" and is good for at least 2 huge laughs it you break it out in group situations.

For instance:
Friend A: how was that new recipe you tried for dinner?
Friend B: Fast, cheap and easy.
You: Sounds like my prom night.

Or:

Friend A: I heard Randy left the Merchant Marine academy?
Friend B: Yeah, actually he got dishonorably discharged.
You: Sounds like my prom night.

Anyway, this isn't an "ask mmbt0ne about being ridiculously witty" so we'll leave it at that.

Some things that I think are wrong with BBV4L:
Super quoting for no reason
Fast posting (as demonstrated by nutsflopper)
A billion rip-off posts (can't link so will explain). It's like, someone makes a post called "What do you think about this flock?" and then suddenly there are 20 more threads about a clock, a rock, a sock, a dock, a block, a lock, a crockpot, a mock trial team, and a Barack.

In fact, I think that's a lot of what's wrong with BBV4L. It's not that there aren't lots of good quality posters in there. It's that there are about 5 times as many who try to imitate the good ones but just can't pull it off. Rather than taking the good parts of BBV4L and molding them into their own posting personality, they copy exactly what another poster did. It makes the forum very repetitive to read, and takes away from the funny of one poster when a bunch of unfunny imitators try to steal it.

Be immature BBV4L. Relish in it. Lots of us had fun in high school by making these kind of jokes, and we still enjoy them. However, be your own funny. Don't be Dane Cook.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 PM

'T0ne,

Would you like to come w/ me and Euro to Seattle in mid-January?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is slystyle012 and why did he steal my avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell if I know, but I noticed that too. It's pretty freakin weak, because I was like "wtf is tony talking about? Oh wait, it's some scrub." I guess he's a tourney player, judging by his location.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The weirdest thing was probably his willingness to live on the floor. No desk, no bed, just sleeping bag on the floor and computer posted up in the corner. I think that's still his arrangement now as he's between bedroom sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am currently renting from Aaron's, in the old-time style, and waiting for AEKDBet to get his ass out of town so I can buy up his stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the Reggie Ball of OOT?
Marvin Williams? JJ? Acie Law? Calvin Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this is absolutely awesome.

Reggie Ball - kurosh
Such high hopes at the beginning for him. First home game he beats the highly touted Auburn Tigers and starts it off with a BEAUTIFUL pass to Nate Curry. Went 7-6 his first season and the stage was set for some great seasons. However, it just never happened. He didn't mature, his game didn't evolve, and it got to be frustrating to watch. Sure he's a fighter and is going to give it his best all the time, but you soon realize his ceiling is only so high. There will be the occasional great performance (at Miami in 2005) but in the end he can never keep it up.

Marvin Williams - garcia1000
Jury's still out on Marvin. People love to point out how good Chris Paul and Deron Williams are. However, very few people were talking about CP and NO ONE was talking about Deron there. It was a discussion between Bogut and Marvin, and something that no one ever points out is that the Hawks clearly got the better end of that deal. Marvin is 21 right now, could be a senior in college and is averaging 16/7 while shooting over 50%. Yes, there have been growing pains, and there are still steps to be taken, but the future looks bright.

Joe Johnson - sublime
All star who started his career elsewhere (real poker forums in this case) and is now a stud. JJ helped start the Hawks on their current turnaround, and if it wasn't for some injury troubles the last couple years we would be seeing some serious results. Recently made some comments about wanting some more veteran leadership on the team, but I think that was miscontrued. I don't think he's asking for trades to be made (however, that would be a necessary shot at management) so much as he's asking people like Speedy and Smoove to step up and assume leadership roles like those he and TLue have.

Acie Law IV - Low Key
Relatively new to the league, but looks to be a solid contributor. I mean, not going to be rookie of the year for the 2007 season, but will get plenty of playing time and respect for the veterans on the team.

Calvin Johnson - Nick B or NT
El Diablo would be the obvious choice you'd think, but everyone recognizes how awesome he is. You still had people like MEbenhoe saying before the draft that he thought Dwayne Jarrett would be a better NFL receiver. LOL, imo.
Calvin was one of the few bright spots in the Reggie Ball era. He seemed to catch anything that was within 5 feet of him, and single-handedly won games by being such a dominant force. However, despite all of the obvious skill, he was still underutilized by the coaching staff. He should've had 10-15 touches a game between pass attempts and reverses. When you have one of the best athlete's to ever touch a field on your team, you let him win games for you. Even now the Lions aren't using him as much as they could and arguably should. Did you see what happened when Kitna started throwing the ball to him on Thursday? He won jump balls and scored touchdowns.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you how all this info about so many posters? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I just remember it. Almost all of it is from previous posts on these forums but a little of it is from discussions with people outside of 2p2. I will say this though, if I start hanging out with n82 more, these threads will be REALLY good.

[ QUOTE ]
'T0ne,

Would you like to come w/ me and Euro to Seattle in mid-January?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why not!
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 PM

thanks for the reply