Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Fancy play

You don't have much informations about these two guys here. If that raise is for value than, IMO a call is way better coz with that flop the only good drawing hand is 89 and than Utg is more likely to have a pair (but the coldcall on the flop can make you think that 89 is precisely his hand). If you have bt beat why do you want Utg to fold a hand that could have call you without that double bet.
If you really think that UTG is on 89 what do you think BT can have bet on the river and fold to a raise? I can't see much hands, maybe: QT, JT, AT even if i think that he probably have checked these ones on the river.

(Excuse my really poor english)
ST69
Old 07-29-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have much informations about these two guys here. If that raise is for value than, IMO a call is way better coz with that flop the only good drawing hand is 89 and than Utg is more likely to have a pair (but the coldcall on the flop can make you think that 89 is precisely his hand). If you have bt beat why do you want Utg to fold a hand that could have call you without that double bet.
If you really think that UTG is on 89 what do you think BT can have bet on the river and fold to a raise? I can't see much hands, maybe: QT, JT, AT even if i think that he probably have checked these ones on the river.

(Excuse my really poor english)
ST69

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise to fold a better tx hand.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:51 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't imagine that in this spot BT bets the river with a T. If i had to say what i think he holds in this spot i would say AJ or AQ (2overs to see the turn and the K gives him 4 more outs to beat your likely tx) but a pair of kings is always possible (in that case you will be called 100% of the time i think), but i believe that you have BT beat large majority of the time.
To know if UTG can fold AT, QT, JT or 9T to your raise, i really don't know. But you risk only 1 big bet (coz i believe you can't fold here) to have a chance to win 10big bets in the case he holds the 4 Ts that have you beat IF he can fold them in this situation. It's risky but if you have a good read on BOTH players and your gut tells you to pop it i really can't blame you.
NH ^^

(i suck hard with the "quote" option [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 07-29-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't imagine that in this spot BT bets the river with a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

BT has nothing. We want to fold an UTG T.

[ QUOTE ]
but a pair of kings is always possible

[/ QUOTE ]

BT would have raised the turn with a king close to 101% of the time.