Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:32 AM

Default 50NL - hmmm, potentially big, multiway pot, big draw

MP: 16/14/4
CO: awful in the 50/10/2 kinda way

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($78.15)
MP ($50)
CO ($50.15)
Hero ($86.80)
SB ($49.50)
BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6.45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $26.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45.75</font>...

Couldn't quite decide whether I wanted to try and keep the bigger stack in or whether I wanted him out...Because he can have the Axss, I really want him out, don't I?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 50NL - hmmm, potentially big, multiway pot, big draw

I like it, remember, you only have king high at the moment. You wanna fold out most of his hands, and also you wanna make sure the money gets in because if you flat and he flats, it's gonna feel really weird when a blank rolls off and he shoves the rest in.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM

That's a tough spot.
One of the guys has a set, definitely.
But when you call the raise, MP might raises and you gotta call an AI anyway.

I dont know about folding. We havent invested anything, except the preflop call.
Can someone make an argument for or against it?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a tough spot.
One of the guys has a set, definitely.
But when you call the raise, MP might raises and you gotta call an AI anyway.

I dont know about folding. We havent invested anything, except the preflop call.
Can someone make an argument for or against it?

[/ QUOTE ]

if the first bettor has a flush draw and calls we have very poor equity in the hand. However if the J is a spade our hand is much stronger since we're gaurenteed 8 outs. So you could make a case for doing this only with the OESFD.

but who am I kidding I definitely push the flop.

at the same time I assume the guy who lead for pot should have something. Even if he's the bad poker player.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Uhm, this is super standard. If both CO and MP calls your shove I would say that you have 40% equity at least...
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhm, this is super standard. If both CO and MP calls your shove I would say that you have 40% equity at least...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you get it. Do I want to keep MP in with AA/KK to increase the pot for if/when I hit? or do I want to try and force him out? Any set is pushing anyway. AJss would be really nice to force out (any Axss, actually). If AA/KK stay in or push over my flat call, doesn't affect my equity one bit -- but it might make for a much sweeter pot for that 40%...

MP has 150bb and I cover him. I couldn't care less about CO.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you get it. Do I want to keep MP in with AA/KK to increase the pot for if/when I hit? or do I want to try and force him out? Any set is pushing anyway. AJss would be really nice to force out (any Axss, actually). If AA/KK stay in or push over my flat call, doesn't affect my equity one bit -- but it might make for a much sweeter pot for that 40%...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna call with his strong hands, but we only have king high. If we had a set, sure, we can flat there. If we had top two, we can flat there. WE HAVE KING HIGH!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

first MP only has 100 BB. u have to push here if u call hes just gonna push over top himself if he wants to come along and then CO is able to lay down. u have to push cause if he is gonna call the 26 hes gonna play for stacks regardless.

i push, he could fold KK and we could spike a king on the turn and beat CO's AQ.---yeah i know highly unlikely but possible. more likely would be our push, and MP laying down AJs now were drawing live
Old 11-05-2007, 01:15 PM

MP is not laying down AJss. UTG might, that was my reason for the push... UTG might lay down AA/KK here. I would. But that would actually be bad for me, unless MP has AQ -- then it'd be good.

Just wanted to check, because I've seen heavy debate on this subject in ssnl&gt;hsnl before, but wasn't quite sure if this situation matched those. Beautiful draw, but no hand, do we keep it multiway to increase out equity's payout, or push to gain a couple percentage points against a small part of villains' range?...
Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, you dont think I get what?
I dont think it matters one bit in this case, if we flat or shove. MP must understand that we are playing for our stack no matter calling or shoving...

Oh, and I'm not flatting any big made hand either, so I guess that's one more + for shoving.