FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Another stupid roomate situation

lol at ted, first time ive seen that.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and as chess says, half rent wont cut it. landlord wants 100% of the rent. partial payment doesnt mean anything since she cant make a partial mortgage payment on the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone mention that the landlord is a woman? Or has this PC stuff really become standard even in informal conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Landlord is a guy, and beyond loaded. He bought this apartment for ~400K for fun.

But yeah, ideally I would like to stay in Boston and really like this apartment. Its brand new, huge and all granite and stainless steel and only 850 a month. Moving is such a pain in the ass too.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and as chess says, half rent wont cut it. landlord wants 100% of the rent. partial payment doesnt mean anything since she cant make a partial mortgage payment on the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone mention that the landlord is a woman? Or has this PC stuff really become standard even in informal conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did that because it made it easier to read. not so you could feel comfortable w/ your PC-ness.

so many posts in OOT are unreadable because people dont differentiate others and overuse "he" and write things like "he told him, he would give me a ride to his house." huh?

i guess i fall victim to taking longer to explaining myself than it would have been to have just written "landlord" so the sensitive types wouldnt have been offended.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:34 PM

Put a lathe in your roommate's room. When he asks "wtf?", you can ask "wtf holding with the lease agreement?" You will win.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really an expert on this stuff, but it would appear that your friend is a douche bag of epic proportions.

I'd be less concerned with working it out and more concerned with finding a way to [censored] him over in one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 AM

call a lawyer, set up the little free session where he tells you if you have a case or not, and if you do, sue your roommate.

also, if he won't retaliate, kick him in the nuts, hard.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Landlord is a guy, and beyond loaded. He bought this apartment for ~400K for fun.

But yeah, ideally I would like to stay in Boston and really like this apartment. Its brand new, huge and all granite and stainless steel and only 850 a month. Moving is such a pain in the ass too.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf if I didn't just sign a 12 month lease I'd move in with you.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 AM

If you don't at least slash this guy's tires or break off his windshield wiper arms, then you are a pussy.

And I'm being serious.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf if I didn't just sign a 12 month lease I'd move in with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

where in boston? just curious. 850 for a 2 bedroom? you should just tell him to [censored] off and live there yourself.