Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Top pair + flush draw against two opponents

$300 minimum buy-in NL hold'em with 5-10 blinds
6 handed

Relevant stacks: SB - $560, BB (me) - $1000, UTG+1 - $725

3 players limp, the small blind completes, and I check with Jd10d.

The flop is 10s9d2d. Small blind checks. I lead out for $25 with the intention of getting a whole lot of money in on the flop if it comes to that.

UTG+1 raises to $100. I have more experience playing with this guy than any of the other five. He is crazy and has a reputation among most of the regulars for being a big donator. I've seen him burn through a few thousand in this game several times. I normally don't give his bets a whole lot of respect. To me, his range here is huge. He could have any 10, 87, QJ, or just a flush draw. Of course, it's also possible that he has a made hand like top two or even a crazy two pair. A set of 2s is possible. He does not have 99 or 1010, because these are hands he plays very aggressively preflop, often raising up to 10x the BB.

It folds around to the small blind who cold calls the $100 after some hesitation. This guy is a regular that I have limited experience with. He seems to know what he's doing but I have seen him get involved with some questionable hands. I put him on a flush draw and nothing else. I was not sure how big his flush draw was, but I realized it was very likely to be better than mine.

My thought process at this time looks like this: the small blind is not going to call off his last $450 with just a flush draw. I am content to get it all in against crazy guy at this point, given his wide range. I believed I was ahead of him already or at least about even money with top pair and a draw.

I reraise to $500. Crazy puts it all in without much thought. The small blind thinks for quite a long time and finally puts the rest of his money in. Oops?

"I can't fold now. I just hope I have some outs."

And with that, I call the remaining $215 required to cover crazy guy getting approximately 8.5 to 1.

Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Top pair + flush draw against two opponents

yeah, well played
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

Wade I don't think I ever asked you what your image is here. I'm guessing a little on the tighter side given history?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM

My image is generally very tight in that game. However, this was in the first 30 minutes of a must-move game starting up. Crazy guy was probably the only one who had an idea how I play by that time.