Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 PM

Default $16: Flopped FD bvb

Does anyone ever call here or should I just dump it?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1940)
CO (t2875)
Button (t4490)
SB (t2715)
Hero (t1480)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t200) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t100</font>
Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: $16: Flopped FD bvb

I'd never fold it to a half pot bet.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 PM

Flat calling hoping to freeze him and get a free riv looks good.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 PM

I sometimes fold it, but most of the time I think I push on his min bet. More often than not he will be folding to your push, and when you get called you have a fair chance of taking home the pot. He can be on a flush draw as well and then you are probably behind, but you still have some other outs.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes fold it, but most of the time I think I push on his min bet. More often than not he will be folding to your push, and when you get called you have a fair chance of taking home the pot. He can be on a flush draw as well and then you are probably behind, but you still have some other outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this. If you had some sort of combo it would be good (pair/flush draw or flush/straight draw). Calling is ok but I don't hate a fold either.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this. If you had some sort of combo it would be good (pair/flush draw or flush/straight draw). Calling is ok but I don't hate a fold either.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, it was maybe on the loose end to push here, but I don't like spending 100 here just to see a blank turn and having to deal with his 250 bet then.

Doesnt his completing and minbetting look suspicially weak, or do you see a trap being set up here?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

A trap is probably the least likely of his plays, he prob has Qx or 4x that he won't fold.

I called flop, blanked turn where he min bet again, so I called again, blanked the river and he minbet again. I figure if he's betting every street he probably isn't laying it down, so I stack him 1/3 of the time and 2/3 of the time I lose 200. :S
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt his completing and minbetting look suspicially weak, or do you see a trap being set up here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Could be air and an attempt to steal, or it could be a weak queen. Either way, if the flush hits we're solid, and a smooth call here may very well slow him down so we get a free river.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A trap is probably the least likely of his plays, he prob has Qx or 4x that he won't fold.

I called flop, blanked turn where he min bet again, so I called again, blanked the river and he minbet again. I figure if he's betting every street he probably isn't laying it down, so I stack him 1/3 of the time and 2/3 of the time I lose 200. :S

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he folds to your reraise or push if a third heart hits the felt? I guess you loose 200 2/3 of the time and win 200 to 400 1/3 of the time.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM

I call here with this stack and see a turn, mostly folding unimproved if he bets again.