Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Friday the 13th at Bay 101 (Trip Report - long)

Anyways, so I get home from work around 5:45 and our scheduled meet time is 7:30pm. Sweet. I've been stupidly tired for the last couple days, and so I decide that before I head out I'm going to take a nap. Too bad when I actually get back to my house, I'm wired as hell, so I decide to sit in front of my computer and browse useless [censored] as always. Blah blah blah, talking to people, ends up being 7:00pm and I start getting really super tired, but damnit, need to leave soon.

I decide to set my alarm for 7:45pm and sleep anyway, and show up fashionably late cuz I'm super classy. I leave my house around 8:00pm and head down to the place. As I pull into the parking lot around 8:20 I get a call from Bravos saying that he's going to be late, so is Shillx, and that Buzz just walked him. Bastards. So I end up being there earlier than half.

Anyways, Bravos tells me Buzz is wearing a Tshirt and some sandals and so I figure I can probably identify someone who doesn't look like a degenerate and stroll in. I get carded as always, and the security guy gives me [censored] because he somehow can't make out the fact that I'm 21 when it clearly states 21 IN 2007 in a big ass red marquee across my license. After teaching him some math, I finally get to the board and sign up for LOLDONKRINGGAMEAMENTS 3/6. [censored] -- list is like 50 people. I see a white guy wearing a green T and some sandals and I walk up and ask "are you buzz?". Sure enough I found the right guy. Awesome, 1 for 1. Just as we start talking, the board is calling a new 3/6 game. He calls off the first 10 on the list, and only like 2 people start moving to the table. He starts calling the next 4-5 guys. No answers. Then I guess he's like "[censored] it" and just says ANYONE WANT TO PLAY 3/6 and just starts crossing off everyone on the list. I tell buzz we should head over and we end up taking the last 1 spot at the table -- I'm in seat 2 and he's in seat 9.

Wait...what? Yeah, 1 seat only. Apparently buzz's seat was locked for someone else as there was a post-it sticky with someone's name on it. Buzz asks the dealer and dealer seems to just ignore him so I guess he was just like "whatever". I buy-in $120 chips and he gets $140 and we draw for dealer button. Two aces show up. Arbitrarily (or possibly by suit since one was A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] other was A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] wins and Buzz is the SB. Right as the dealer starts to hand out cards, some lady comes back and starts complaining about her seat that buzz took. Buzz being a nice gentleman agrees to move for her, but is pointing to an empty seat where there are actually $40 chips in front but no player -- seeming to ignore the fact that the seat is obviously taken already. Lady complains but does not force buzz to move, and so he happily continues to play.

About 5 minutes after we start, Buzz tells me that Shiller has arrived, and I ask what he looks like -- "he's white".

....oooooook.

I look around and I see some skinhead mid 20s white guy wearing a black polo and ask "is that him?" Buzz has no clue obviously since all white people look alike. I think about going over to ask but figure "nah whatever I don't feel like getting up". Sure enough, laziness pays off as about 2 minutes later Bravos taps me on the shoulder and I see Bravos + real Shill. Awesome -- glad I didn't make myself look stupid.

So some time passes, we're small chatting and Bravos and Shill put their names down for 6/12 games -- I decide I want to donk around at 3/6 tonight so do not put my name down. Bravos gets called first and is sitting at the table right behind me and Buzz, and his seat and buzz's are back to back basically, so they decide to gossip about my goot play, while Shill orders a Bud Light and complains about how expensive beer is, yet still orders [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyways, I'm playing a little more loose but I don't think that poorly, but my stack is taking massive swings up and down for the whole period. The game is really good and I find myself to the right of two super loose guys. Seat 5 moves or leaves or busts (I forget what happened) and I take the spot for lolposition. Coolbeans. I end up getting kinda card dead or missing flops horrendously and so I'm raising a good amount preflop but folding postflop a lot. One fish decides to go smoke, and suddenly table is retardedly tight. And of course 1 jackass has to limp on the button and play for a [censored] $4 pot postflop so no blinds can chop. I decide it is time to LAG fest and straddle my first UTG.

Some older hispanic guy 3bets right after -- my read on him is that he's loose and been betting/calling a decent amount. Anyways, its folded all the way back to me, I look at 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . ROFL, perfect.

I call like a fish and we see a flop that is 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he bets and I check-raise. He calls.

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet in tempo, he calls.

River is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he checks.

He slowrolls AA and I look at my cards pretending I had a pair and muck.

Anyways, I'm playing sorta LAGgro but still decent I think and I end up straddling 5 hands during the night, and winning 2 /flex. I get AJs twice and KJs once, and lose 1 AJs. Overall the whole time, I would whiff horribly on the flop and be forced to fold to random donk crap from this lady that would bet with [censored] every time, or flop a monster where no one else would catch anything, or flop on scary boards that nobody would call.

I get KK once and open in MP and I win the blinds. Sweet. My up and down streak continues, although moreso down and I slowly dwindle away. I have about 6 BBs left and I get a free big blind look. I have 64o and the board ends up being like 96448 and I get double or triple up. Back in the game, bitches.

I force buzz to straddle one and I forget what happens but I think he folds like a nit. Sometime later he activates pattern mapper in the big blind and raises 44 8ways and flops a set, and manages not to lose on a 3diamond 3 broadway river. Pro anti-suckout skillz.

At this point buzz and I are sort of sitting across from each other, and so we small talk about some things. We somehow get into a relatively long winded conversation about chinese dialects and Mandarin and some other weird twists. I think it might have started when he asks why I have 13 in my alias. I explain that 13 is my favorite number, as he references a possibility that there are 13 cards A-K. I further explain that AK has actually nothing to do with cards, but rather it stands for my first and middle initial. I tell him my middle name is Kerwey (although my parents suck at english and the proper phoentical way to spell and pronounce is Kewei). Anyways, he also knows my last initial is Y which I presume is because my AIM name is super hard to justify.

I also neglected to mention I came up with the name since AK is the state code of Alaska, where I was born. My high school friends gave me tons of [censored] about being an eskimo and whatnot since I kinda do fit that profile I suppose, and so the name AK kinda has a double meaning/connotation. Now you all know.

Anyways, eventually I dwindle away again and just decide to throw in my last 2 bets with K8s and lose to ATs wheel. He had same suits and so basically I was only drawing to pairs. Bleh.

Anyways, I go BUSTO and stand up. Shill is back from his 6/12 game ordering another expensive Bud Light talking to Bravos. I find out he got ROFLSTOMPED by nutflush vs. straight flush, lol. I would ask details but I'm scared that he would strangle kittens thinking about it again.

I'm sweating Bravos and the only hand I see him actually play is limp 33 and miss his set, and also win a pot with KK on a pretty coordinated board. At the exact same time, Buzz is playing QQ in a capped 4 or 5way pot, and an Ace flops with 2 diamonds -- Buzz checks for diamonds, no diamond, owned in the face.

At this point it is 1:20am ish and everyone decide to call it quits. Bravos is up about $300 I presume, Buzz is breakeven, and well the other 2 of us are busto. We chat for a bit regarding Bruiser's stripper/massage parlor incident, and about psycho bitch losing $30k online and slashing wrists and writing weird [censored] on the walls in the bathroom in vegas, and about Krantz supersuckout $50k NL while completely high (link is posted in NC and also in BBV by Dean).

We shake hands and get ready to depart, and up to this point I have felt too stupid to ask Buzz his name, even though he knew mine previously. I pretend like I know and just refer to him as "buzz". Shillx has balls of steel and decides to ask buzz what his real name is, and he says "buzz". Then he clarifies that it is a nickname, and that his official name is Chris. Shillx goes balls of steel once again and guesses that his last name is Peterson -- this so called "Buzz" denies but says it is close. Bravos chimes in a much more polite tone "where the [censored] did you come up with that" and then has an epiphany that buzz-cp would probably refer to his initials. Anyways, that was the last of our conversation and we decide to part our ways. Shook hands once again, and left the Dolphin Bay 101 in different directions.

Good times. Look forward to it again.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Friday the 13th at Bay 101 (Trip Report - long)

awesome report, let us gogogo

buzz sounds exactly as i imagined!!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Hey I got there @ about 7:35 but I didn't know what anyone looked like [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway I get into an awesome 6/12 game that is LAGgy like a good online game and loose like a good live game. Best of both worlds. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hand in question I'm delt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. I think there are 5 limpers and we see a flop of

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 SB)

I lead, 2 people call and a laggy guy on the button raises (everyone is pretty laggy though). I decide to call and everyone else calls.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 BB)

I lead against and I'm a total tell box at this point. When I have a good hand I just start giggling like a little girl and I have no idea why. I start chugging my beer in hopes that it won't give anything away [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] and the 1st guy folds what he later said was a straight. The next guy thinks and thinks and folds what he later said was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]! The button raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets, I 7-bet and he says you wanna go all-in? The dealer tells us that we can't do that and I'm not gonna anyway (I have maybe 9 more bets behind) so I just call the 8-bet.

He bets the river and I say, "call" and he just sits there. So then I put my chips in and he still just sits there. I wait a few seconds and I should have kept waiting but I finally turn over my hand and then he instantly shows the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I should have just sat there but he probably would have asked to see my hand as I mucked. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also if I go back to college I want a guy like buzz as my chem teacher. I could never see that guy failing anyone like all the [censored] at Arizona did to me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Enjoyed the reading [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] LOL'ed at trey-deuce hand. Need to go play live one of these days!

[ QUOTE ]
it clearly states 21 IN 2007 in a big ass red marquee across my license

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you
Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Nice report.

[ QUOTE ]
I decide it is time to LAG fest and straddle my first UTG.

Some older hispanic guy 3bets right after -- my read on him is that he's loose and been betting/calling a decent amount. Anyways, its folded all the way back to me, I look at 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . ROFL, perfect.

I call like a fish and we see a flop that is 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you'll pretty much never fold someone's pocket aces HU at a live 3/6 table with a board like that. Or their jacks. Or their sevens, for that matter.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets the river and I say, "call" and he just sits there. So then I put my chips in and he still just sits there. I wait a few seconds and I should have kept waiting but I finally turn over my hand and then he instantly shows the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I should have just sat there but he probably would have asked to see my hand as I mucked. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just go ahead and show nowadays. The vast majority of these morans at low-limit live tables who spend all that time slow-rolling to get "information" don't have a clue what the hell to do with the information anyway.

Although I'm tempted to start doing stuff I normally hate, like asking the other guy, "can you beat [insert much worse hand than I actually hold]?" not to angleshoot but to try and get him to just show the frickin' cards.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report.

[ QUOTE ]
I decide it is time to LAG fest and straddle my first UTG.

Some older hispanic guy 3bets right after -- my read on him is that he's loose and been betting/calling a decent
amount. Anyways, its folded all the way back to me, I look at 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . ROFL, perfect.

I check, he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you'll pretty much never fold someone's pocket aces HU at a live 3/6 table with a board like that. Or their jacks. Or their sevens, for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

He seemed like the type that would fold unpaired broadway (AK-AJ, KQ). I figured this was as good a board as I was going to get for my hand -- semi bluff the gutshot, but when he calls the turn I know he isn't folding. Anyways, I'm pretty sure you get an idea of how that game was playing if thats how he plays AA =P.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arbitrarily (or possibly by suit since one was A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] other was A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] wins

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one of the few times when suit orders matter in poker. poker uses bridge ordering, which is also alphabetical: low to high is Club, Diamond, Heart, Spade.

[ QUOTE ]
About 5 minutes after we start, Buzz tells me that Shiller has arrived, and I ask what he looks like -- "he's white".

[/ QUOTE ]

that actually narrows things down quite a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

I force buzz to straddle one and I forget what happens but I think he folds like a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

so who punched him? i specifically told you guys you have to punch him when he does stuff like this. otherwise, how's he gonna learn?

BAD buzz! NO folding!

why wasn't bravos playing 8/16? why wasn't shill playing 20/40 or 10000000/20000000?

anyway, nice report, dude.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why wasn't bravos playing 8/16? why wasn't shill playing 20/40 or 10000000/20000000?
anyway, nice report, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I call Buzz and have him put my name on the 6/12 and 8/16 list since he got there before me. I called about 15 minutes earlier to put my name on the board, but the board dude is like.. "umm no call-ins". I'm like "Umm What?, I call in all the friggin time". The he's like.. "right, no call-ins *<click>*".

So I get there in about 10 more minutes and see Brad standing right out by the main board. I check and see that I am about 8th on 6/12 and 18th or so on 8/16. I'll just take the first one up,but already know that it will be 6/12 as they are only running 2 8/16 tables.

Funny side note... as I check to see where on the list I am, I hear the guy running the board talking to a guy on the phone and proceed to put him on the list.. HAHA Floorman 1 - Bravos 0

Brad gets him name on the board and sweats me while he waits. I have a very good seat at the table as the 2 most aggor villians are on my immediate right with the only uber-nit of an older black gentleman 2 seats to my left. I've played w/ 4-5 people at the table and already feel good. Well I start totally card dead.. It really sucks playing 10/3 poker..LOL. I quickly find out that the asian dude between me and OBM (old black man) is uber-uber loose (ULA - uber loose asian). He plays about 90/2 while at the table [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

About 2 orbits in, I look down at A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP and only UTG limping. I raise, ULA cold calls as does BB and UTG.

Flop is like 28J w/ 2 diamonds. I lead and ULA is the only caller. I have no read on ULA yet, other than he is loose. Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it goes, check, check. River T:diamonds: and I check/call and he shows 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for baby flush. Sweet cold call!

He rapes me again when I have ATs OTB on the next orbit. Ten high flop, 4 ways, I bet, 2 call. Turn K, ULA leads, BB raises, I muck. ULA wins w/ KT. I win a decent pot w/ KK and then go dead for about 2 hours.

During this time Brad gets his seat after getting hosed the first time...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] His name is called for an open seat at my table and just as he is about to sit... um "Sir, this lady is actually first up, we'll lock up the next seat for you" LOL, lady sits down and I LOL at Brad.. "Dude, you got got punked! She is a reg and I know her name was not on the list anywhere near yours." So "KK" sits and begins to play her a-little-too-loose-and-not-aggro-enough-but-not-horrible-post-flop game. I've played with he quite a bit at 8/16 since she almost always plays an hour or 2 of 8/16 before moving to the 20/40 game. I constantly own her and always imagine her getting brutally slaughtered at the 20 game.

I watch some old asian dude call 3-bets cold PF and I walk over to he how Brad is doing. He is up a good bit when catching AA where it was 3 bet or capped PF like 5 ways. I report to Brad about the 3bet cold-call and he asks me what he had. I tell him that I will report back since the hand was still happening. I walk back just in time to see the cold caller scoop a huge pot w/ his 3bet cold called black ACES..LOL

A bit later I walk over just in time to see Brad's stack decimated! I just missed the nut-flush v str8 flush bloodbath. Shortly after, Brad picks up and starts sweating Buzz and I again. My seat is so close to Buzz's, I can actually sweat him without leaving my seat.. I just look over my shoulder and can even see his hole cards when he peaks them. He has some fun hands including one where he flops trips and turns a boat w/ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I get a good rush which starts w/ me winning back to back pots of about 15BBs each.

Had a great time as always and had some nice chats w/ everyone.

I'll leave you all w/ 2 hands..

3 limpers, SB completes, and I check my option in BB w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead, cuz I rock and no one puts you on a king there..lol idiots.

UTG raises, UTG+1 cold calls, rest fold and I call, looking to c/r turn.

Turn is a beautiful 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I pop it. I had put UTG+1 on a flush draw mostly, but after he just called when it came in, I figured him for a stubborn ace instead. Of course, the river is the A:spades: and I check in disgust. Surprisingly it checks through. UTG+1 did indeed had a small flush and I end up chopping the pot w/ UTG's K2o Ugggh WTF?!?!

Hand 2..

3 limpers and MP raises. I trey TT from the HJ, BTN calls 3 cold and all 3 of the limpers fold (LOL) along w/ the blinds. 3 handed to a A24 rainbow flop. Checked to me, I bet, cold caller raises, CO folds after looking at me for about 20 seconds. I already know what he has basically to the exact rank. So now I'm getting about 15.5:1 to call on what is no doubt a 2 outer... so pretty damn insufficiant odds. For what ever reason, I decide to call and immediately call myself a donk [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. About 2 hands before this, I had TT and an Ace flopped. This same guy led out w/ what turned out to be A2 and a T came on the turn..LOL

So anyhow, a J hits the turn and I plan to check/fold, but he checks behind... Hmm, maybe he is scared that I have a bigger ace or just has MUBS altogether? River is another brick and it goes check/check again. I table my TT and it is goot??[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] WTF did he have? Must of been a smaller P, but the hand just boggled my mind.

I racked up and left after catching KK for a decent pot UTG on my last hand. I finished up $216 (because I reloaded another $100 in the middle of my card dead time because I hit about 12 BBs or so, so this explains why AK thought I was up about $300. Still a decent night of pokah!

BTW, my name was called for 8/16 at about midnight! YES, about 3.5 hours to get thought 18 or so names on 8/16..WTFaments.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:37 AM

More of you bay area micro-folk should come out for the next one. It really isn't as scary as you might expect. I'm busto and just decide to get drunk, bravos is a total nit who only talks about the high rollers he's met, Adam doesn't actually 3-bet 64s like he pretends to in his posts and well Buzz thankfully doesn't wear socks with his sandals. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]