Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from California and I've said this at least 3 times. Expect to be just as ignored as I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're being ignored; it's just that even if the loss was fluky doesn't mean you throw it out the window as if it didn't happen.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their most impressive win is against a 19th ranked team, they are Hawaii light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it looks like their most impressive team was against a Washington team that marched into Hawaii and pwned the heck out of the Rainbows. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted just in case this 14-point lead isn't enough. The last thing I want as my confidence booster is "hey, we're up! That means Brennan has to throw!"

"Oh, [censored]..."
Old 12-02-2007, 01:19 AM

I dont give a crap how much of a luckboxing it took for Stanford to win, they still did it. It did happen. The 1:1,000,000 shot came through.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 AM

No, let's sidetrack it. Big Ten was the best in 2005 by Sagarin, significantly. You disagree because OSU got blown out by Florida last year. You are wrong. Sidetrack over.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
homer response

it was a freak loss: booty was injured and threw 4 int, including a pick6. they lost a fumble. usc outgained stanford 459-235. usc had a pat blocked. usc had a 4th and 1 at the end of 2nd half and got stuffed (they had a 3rd and 6 and ran for 5. they get stuffed they kick a FG to end the half and win the game. so stupid). the game winning drive was a miracle including a 4th and 20 and 4th and 10 FTW. it was set up by a booty int in usc territory. wheee.

and oregon was the best team in the nation. losing by 7 in ore is nothing to be sorry for.

/homer rant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. But Stanford is pretty bad. Even if the loss was terribly fluky, they still lost to a team that is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well how could it NOT be a freak loss? I mean they're a 40 point favorite, you don't lose to a 40 point dog unless 1) vegas and markets generally have suddenly become awful or 2) fluky stuff happens. Okay, it was fluky. But an elite MNC team doesn't lose to a 40 point underdog at home.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from California and I've said this at least 3 times. Expect to be just as ignored as I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're being ignored; it's just that even if the loss was fluky doesn't mean you throw it out the window as if it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two as the supposed #1 team in the nation. I think the #1 ranking means you're viewed as a favorite against everybody you play, and twice the Tigers have failed to step up to the plate. To me, that is not a national championship caliber team.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
homer response

it was a freak loss: booty was injured and threw 4 int, including a pick6. they lost a fumble. usc outgained stanford 459-235. usc had a pat blocked. usc had a 4th and 1 at the end of 2nd half and got stuffed (they had a 3rd and 6 and ran for 5. they get stuffed they kick a FG to end the half and win the game. so stupid). the game winning drive was a miracle including a 4th and 20 and 4th and 10 FTW. it was set up by a booty int in usc territory. wheee.

and oregon was the best team in the nation. losing by 7 in ore is nothing to be sorry for.

/homer rant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. But Stanford is pretty bad. Even if the loss was terribly fluky, they still lost to a team that is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, does talent not factor in at all here? Strength of schedule?

Yes, it's a terrible loss. But you're saying they can't get in no matter what because of that? You're basically ignoring their entire resume because of one loss. As bad as it is, you just can't do that.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in there USC lost to Stanford. I swear this happened, whether you acknowledge it as meaningful or not. So yes, things did change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People write off this USC loss as a fluke and I agree it was a fluke. But it did indeed happen and USC should be punished for it accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely, extremely relevant. But their other loss was to the best team in the nation...in a really close game. They played a tough schedule, and if we had a playoff tomorrow, I'm willing to bet that they'd be the favorites. Is that irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair their non-conference turned out to be really weak and looking back at the scores their only really impressive win is at asu. They played a decent amount of close games and they looked rather meh today imo.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

Who the [censored] considers multiple overtime losses to Top 25 teams "very bad losses" besides USC fans straining for arguments to get them into the title game?

Even if you don't think LSU is a national title caliber team, that doesn't magically erase the loss to Stanford and make USC a national title caliber team.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in there USC lost to Stanford. I swear this happened, whether you acknowledge it as meaningful or not. So yes, things did change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People write off this USC loss as a fluke and I agree it was a fluke. But it did indeed happen and USC should be punished for it accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely, extremely relevant. But their other loss was to the best team in the nation...in a really close game. They played a tough schedule, and if we had a playoff tomorrow, I'm willing to bet that they'd be the favorites. Is that irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair their non-conference turned out to be really weak and looking back at the scores their only really impressive win is at asu. They played a decent amount of close games and they looked rather meh today imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sagarin has their schedule at #33. That's good.