Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 02:25 PM

Default nuts in crap position

$100PLO

4 limpers, SB calls, I check A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

flop (6 players, $3) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets $1, I call (?), 2 others call

turn (4 players, $6.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets pot, I fold

turn i assume is super standard but the flop is ok right? what if the flop was rainbow? what if i had position? in general, i assume i should wait until the turn to put much money in since my hand is so vulnerable.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: nuts in crap position

Since the pot is so small and you have no redraw, I think your folding the nuts on the turn here is fine. I like your flat call on the flop here, too, since you want to disguise your hand, and you have a chance at a redraw if a spade comes on the turn.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM

I like the turn fold, you are definately now splitting with 1 person, and more likely 2 while getting nasty freerolled. Nice fold. Flop is pretty standard too, you don't want to baloon that pot and see a bad card come on the turn
Old 01-01-2006, 02:59 PM

I think I call and hope to see the river for cheap. Even if you are splitting as long as the river comes safe you will split the $$ of someone with a set or a bare flush draw.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I call and hope to see the river for cheap. Even if you are splitting as long as the river comes safe you will split the $$ of someone with a set or a bare flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

my problem with this is that i still have 2 people behind me. if im not being freerolled by the sb then its probable that someoen behind me has the nut flush draw. if he has a J with it then im being freerolled. even if im against a flush and broadway from separate players, its not much different than being freerolled. and this is ignoring the chance that im against a set also. if there is a big raise behind me by either an idiot with the nuts or someone with a flush draw and broadway, then i cant call and i just called a pot sized bet with the nuts and cant even see the next card
Old 01-01-2006, 04:19 PM

I would have thought that if the 2 players still to act behind you had AJxx from the flop they would have raised the flop.
On the flop the SB's pissy little bet may have been a sort of a weak lead with AJxx in the hopes of getting raised so he can repot or else building the pot so that he can pot a reasonable amount on the turn.

The fact that neither player behind you raised the flop might indicate they *dont* have AJxx and maybe have KKxx and a flush draw or two pair or J9 or something.

I know that if I am either LP player (and hold AJ) I'm raising the flop to charge any draws.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 AM

kind of a rare but i think this might qualify as a spot where the nuts are foldable. I'd need some reads.

That being said I might play the flop differently depending on the game. First hand at the table or something?

And yes with position I'd see the river as splitting the pot is still going to be profitable and there's no chance of getting jammed in. Because it wasn't raised behind you I think you are often looking at one other AJ and then a set and FD. Not a great spot to build a pot but with position you could feel pretty comfortable play more aggressively.