Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Complaining about the rake and getting told on by dealers......

I feel like a complete ass. In an attempt to make a good impression at Treasure Island for the upcoming audition I have (to be a dealer) I have been playing there all this week, the $2/4 Limit game. I know this game is unbeatable profitwise, and for some reason every now and then whenever someone would say "why does no one have more than the buyin" I would comment on the effect of rake + jackpot + toke in a $2/4. In addition I stupidly accused a dealer of overraking the pot. He WAS overraking it, and he did it more than once. Still what my point was in saying it was stupid since I was trying to make a good impression. Then later I said something about not being able to afford a $4 time drop in the $2/4 Mixed game, as when you add that to antes and tokes and bring-in bets, you either win or you go broke fast. All this pettiness probably has something to do with the fact that I'm extremely broke from not being able to find work, was playing with money I shouldn't have been playing with, and am probably overall unhappy about the position in life I'm in. However, the floor came over and asked "You're applying for that job, right? Well, it's not in your best interests to say what you're saying, I've already had SIX complaints in the last few days about it." SIX. I can see them sitting at the break table, like "oh that kid wants a job, he can't even keep his mouth shut about the rake."

Overall I'm very embarrassed, and I'm MORE THAN SURE I just cost myself the job, and for that I feel like an even bigger ass. I was so pissed at myself for what I had done I left immediately after I was told that, not even finishing my round.

Anyway, in you people's opinion, how bad is doing what I did? I didn't really feel like I was doing anything wrong, but I got SIXXXXXX complaints in like 3 days....so the whole room doesn't like me......and I feel pretty sick and stupid right now.

Also if anyone from TI is reading this I'm very sorry and I just need to get it out of my system, I'm sitting at home on a friday night contemplating vomiting to get rid of the sickness that has not left me since I left two hours ago.