Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think either team can shut down the other's offense, but I think the running game (or threat of at least) of Dallas + Dallas' ability to get pressure on the quarterback will be too much for the pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty accurate assessment, especially with Tauscher nicked up. Overall, the OL has done a very good job protecting Favre, but they have struggled a bit against teams with a good pass rush (KC and Philly come to mind).

The comment above about the GB safeties was also a good one.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it's just going to be a race to 30+ points.

Then again, watch it be a relative defensive struggle like the NE/Indy game.

I'll be disappointed if the Packers lose because I'm not used to seeing it this year (wow - in August I didn't think I'd be saying that) and, of course, it would hurt their chances for the #1 seed, but as long as they play a solid game, I'll be ok with the loss. Just lock up that #2 seed in the next couple weeks and get healthy for the playoffs.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since when do Cowboys and Packers fans use almost everywhere except America date formatting?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay Riall,

Thanks for your insight. Its always cool for me to see the insight of someone with a differing viewpoint. I greatly respect your ability to explain your thoughts and views in a cool and collected manner. Let me ask you: I'm assuming that the reason USA uses month/day/year is because thats how we talk when we say it out loud. For example I would say "Today is December 12th, 2009." In other countries, do they actually say the day before the month? If so, that'd explain a lot. Again, thanks for your honesty, compassion, caring, and insight. Take care, friend.

Love,
Assani

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question, yes. All the languages based on Latin do.

le sept Novembre, 1993 (French)
cinco de Mayo, 2007 (Spanish)

for example...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talking reasonable to a Vikings-fan about anything Brett Favre-related is futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as bad as talking to a Packer fan about him.

Plus I think a lot of Vikings fans have a healthy respect for Favre. My only problem with him is all the cheap penalties that are called on his behalf. He is the only player I've ever seen draw a "roughing the QB" penalty literally without being touched.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I think a lot of Vikings fans have a healthy respect for Favre. My only problem with him is all the cheap penalties that are called on his behalf. He is the only player I've ever seen draw a "roughing the QB" penalty literally without being touched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about the incident against the Vikings where someones arm or elbow hit him in the helmet after he had gone to the ground?

And I dont know how many times Ive heard Vikings fans mention his number of interceptions [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But its true that most Vikings fans admit to respecting the guy, even though it seems like they have to fight with themselves to admit it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 12:44 PM

No, I was talking about a play from like 4 years ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since when do Cowboys and Packers fans use almost everywhere except America date formatting?

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Jay Riall,

Thanks for your insight. Its always cool for me to see the insight of someone with a differing viewpoint. I greatly respect your ability to explain your thoughts and views in a cool and collected manner. Let me ask you: I'm assuming that the reason USA uses month/day/year is because thats how we talk when we say it out loud. For example I would say "Today is December 12th, 2009." In other countries, do they actually say the day before the month? If so, that'd explain a lot. Again, thanks for your honesty, compassion, caring, and insight. Take care, friend.

Love,
Assani

[/ QUOTE ]
To answer your question, yes. All the languages based on Latin do.

le sept Novembre, 1993 (French)
cinco de Mayo, 2007 (Spanish)

for example...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention I do this in English maybe half the time anyway.

"When's Christmas going to be this year?"
"25th of December, just like every year, fool."

"When's Caeser getting whacked?"
"Ides of March, obv"

Still can't tell if Assani got owned very hard on his sarcasm or if he really is the most courteous guy ever.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Tyler,

Do I really have to explain? Your homerism effects your thoughts, thus effects your posting. You constantly say crazy things solely b/c you are a Redskin fan or b/c you hate the Cowboys etc. and not b/c of reason. Example from your first post in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Unreal how good the Cowboys run.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a whiny comment typical of a homer. Anyone that can reason for a second can realize that they aren't necessarily running good but playing good--now for them to actually do something substantial this year they will need things to go their way, this is the case w/ just about every team in the NFL and every team any year.

And if you had any actual clue you would realize that they haven't really ran well this year--they haven't played with their full healthy defense yet this year. Let's go through this shall we? They have lost their #2 wideout for the year (Terry Glenn) so far and have still put up more points than anyone in the league other than NE. Lost Jason Ferguson for the season in the very first game, he was an integral part of the line. Greg Ellis was hurt for half the year, just like last year--he is a difference maker for the defense, just like last year once he was hurt their defense fell apart, this year, once he came back their defense suddenly became much better. They were without their shutdown corner Terrence Newman until week 5 but of course Anthony Henry is hurt when Newman is back. Then in week 11 Leonard Davis, the big money big man on the O-line who has protected Romo better than anyone this year has someone fall into his ankle in practice (running good? lolz) and he sprains his ankle. Anthony Henry is still battling his high ankle sprain too. Week 12, now Patrick Crayton is hurt--so no Glen or Crayton, now Dallas has their normal #4 receiver Sam Hurd as the #2 (once again lolz @ running good). There have been 2 weeks this season were injuries have been "minimal," other than that they have battled through change all season.

That was long-winded but it was to prove a point.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

Do I really have to explain? Your homerism effects your thoughts, thus effects your posting. You constantly say crazy things solely b/c you are a Redskin fan or b/c you hate the Cowboys etc. and not b/c of reason. Example from your first post in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a whiny comment typical of a homer. Anyone that can reason for a second can realize that they aren't necessarily running good but playing good--now for them to actually do something substantial this year they will need things to go their way, this is the case w/ just about every team in the NFL and every team any year.

And if you had any actual clue you would realize that they haven't really ran well this year--they haven't played with their full healthy defense yet this year. Let's go through this shall we? They have lost their #2 wideout for the year (Terry Glenn) so far and have still put up more points than anyone in the league other than NE. Lost Jason Ferguson for the season in the very first game, he was an integral part of the line. Greg Ellis was hurt for half the year, just like last year--he is a difference maker for the defense, just like last year once he was hurt their defense fell apart, this year, once he came back their defense suddenly became much better. They were without their shutdown corner Terrence Newman until week 5 but of course Anthony Henry is hurt when Newman is back. Then in week 11 Leonard Davis, the big money big man on the O-line who has protected Romo better than anyone this year has someone fall into his ankle in practice (running good? lolz) and he sprains his ankle. Anthony Henry is still battling his high ankle sprain too. Week 12, now Patrick Crayton is hurt--so no Glen or Crayton, now Dallas has their normal #4 receiver Sam Hurd as the #2 (once again lolz @ running good). There have been 2 weeks this season were injuries have been "minimal," other than that they have battled through change all season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention how "good" we ran in last years playoffs. We came up with new and amazing ways to give up a road playoff game, while giving up the division just before that.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read your lost post b/c I don't think I need to. I'll read it later, I just want to write this: You shouldn't take my posts so seriously. I partly wrote that to stir up some more discussion about the game and to get some more Dallas fans to post. Yes Dallas has been bad for the last ten years and yes they are due for some major success and yes Tony Romo is a top 5 QB. If you knew me personally you'd know that I have given the Cowboys tons of credit this season even tho I hate them w/ a passion. I've also told a bunch of friends that the Cowboys should be an elite team for years to come, tho hopefully most of that will coincide w/ the strong teams that the Patriots and Colts will produce (b/c I'd hate to see Dallas win a Super Bowl anytime soon).

I was just joking w/ that post b/c they're playing the other top team in the NFC when that team is unlikely to be w/o 5 starters.

Let's not discuss how the ball bounces right into Romo's hands every time on a botched snap [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay Riall,

Love,
Assani

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl way to take a dumb nothing comment by me way too seriously. fwiw I would say the game is on the 29th of November 2007.