Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Going to play live in a couple of hours

Honest livepoker advice: People play SO weak. They will limp limp limp limp limp all day, so raise them if you have position with anything you want to limp with. Over bet a lil preflop because 4-5bb doesn't do much after more than 2 limpers. people fold to cbets more than u think especaily at 2/5 even at 1/2 which is wat i assume u are playing. The key to crushing live poker at like 1/2 and 2/5 sorta games is not playing like a nit and getting paid off imo. The rake is so bad, it really does kill you. So you have to play really aggressive, but only play a big pot with a big hand. People in live poker are so dumb they won't realize this. Ideally you build a stack, then this is where your profit comes from. Now if you do everything right, everyone at the table will either A. think you are a huge fish from all of your "bluffs" or B. Play scared against you because they realise there is a method to your madness and they cant beat it. So now that you have the nice stack IE: $600 or whatever at 1/2, this is when most people leave. DON'T LEAVE. Keep playing, your ultimate goal playing the live poker is to get to this point, then stack the fish who cant fold TP vs you for 3 buyins because you appear to be a maniac.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:27 PM

Stare into the players eyes for a minimum of 5 secs for every betting decision.

This will help you to better read their soul.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:38 PM

Trip report,

It sucked. Played for several hours in the tour and everything went in slow motion and i went out in 16 place and by that time i had lost all appetite for joining the cash games and i won't be doing this any time soon again.