Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: interested in living in london?

I might be interested.

I don't post much, but play mostly 3/6nl HU. Fulltime job at the moment, but planning on 'going pro' at the beginning of next year.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 AM

If people are serious, we should meet up at some point for a pint or two to make sure we don't hate each others guts.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:32 AM

i am borderline serious. a lot hinges on what i just posted on bbv4life (couldnt think where else to post it). i told my parents and my mum was almost in tears about quitting job - you are mad, you are crazy, you will have no security in life blah blah, but i think they are coming round to it now, as i said that if after a few years i could go back to accountancy if i wanted (all they want is for me to have secure future), so basically:

if i quit job (trainee accountant on a graduate scheme) if i played online poker for 2-3 years, i then want to go back to a job, could i then apply to accountancy firms (or wherever) and would be able not to mention i had worked for a month and then quit at a previous accountancy job?

(id say how i had travelled, done some entrepreneurial work, some charity work, all of which i could back up).

sorry for nitty post, after all you may hate me and not want to live with me anyway, but figure i need to ask this (i will ask employers as well i think).
Old 11-04-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am borderline serious. a lot hinges on what i just posted on bbv4life (couldnt think where else to post it). i told my parents and my mum was almost in tears about quitting job - you are mad, you are crazy, you will have no security in life blah blah, but i think they are coming round to it now, as i said that if after a few years i could go back to accountancy if i wanted (all they want is for me to have secure future), so basically:

if i quit job (trainee accountant on a graduate scheme) if i played online poker for 2-3 years, i then want to go back to a job, could i then apply to accountancy firms (or wherever) and would be able not to mention i had worked for a month and then quit at a previous accountancy job?

(id say how i had travelled, done some entrepreneurial work, some charity work, all of which i could back up).

sorry for nitty post, after all you may hate me and not want to live with me anyway, but figure i need to ask this (i will ask employers as well i think).

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could just say you were a profesional poker player making lost of monies...

but then again poker players are scum of the earth, right?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Hey,
Im looking for a place to move into central london as soon as possible but it would be much more fun to share a place with some poker pros..

Im 20, play 5/10nl (will be moving up in the future).. I'd prefer somewhere closer to central though - SE1 area seems ok but Im open to suggestions.

If it ends up just being a 2-3 bedroom or something.. Im cool with that. There are some awesome flats out there to rent if people are up for it..

fazi

ps havent really posted on 2+2, i post on liquidpoker.net,
play on full tilt (F4Zi) and other sites
Old 11-06-2007, 06:55 PM

If you're flexible to do this in all of england then you shouldn't be doing this in London.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM

yea, Essex ftw!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM

I like London, whats wrong with london.. its the place to be
Old 11-06-2007, 07:51 PM

I was kidding, London >>>>>> Essex.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was kidding, London >>>>>> Essex.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i was replying to jay but ok hah