Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: What happened to the arb threads?

[ QUOTE ]
these questions are useless, he has no idea of the theory behind gambling and arbitrage

[/ QUOTE ]

He also appears to have never been to the UK, but I'm not letting that spoil the fun.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Im sorry lori you have misunderstood me, i am trying to help you. You shouldnt do it its bad business for youself and the book involved. All it will do is reduce your ability to get a bet, that could be much more ev than a small arb.

as for betfair its destroying punting on a number major sports, for one tennis.

And if you lived in the UK youd know we're in the middle of a major court case that is centered around people using betfair to fix horse races, that im sure when is settled will have some ramifications for the industry, in the UK.

And its a fact that im getting even money on wongs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 PM

I love you people...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the book. Some books move their lines aggressively so that one max bet will eliminate the opportunity. Other books will continue to hang stale lines even after several max bets. These books are the real targets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen MLB and soccer and etc and horse arbs last for days.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 PM

lori i think you misunderstood me I've been arbing a lot. I never see these mysterious two day long arbs most of mine last seconds not minutes. I saw one boxing arb last two days this summer other then that I haven't seen much.

I have a lot of outs, real-time odds service, an arb alert service, the whole thing. I'm not a veteran at this but most of what I see goes very fast.

Also, a warning to all, just ignore anything at 5dimes over 2-3% or so I've had a few bets canceled lately they have routinely been posting lines backwards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry lori you have misunderstood me, i am trying to help you. You shouldnt do it its bad business for youself and the book involved. All it will do is reduce your ability to get a bet, that could be much more ev than a small arb.

as for betfair its destroying punting on a number major sports, for one tennis.

And if you lived in the UK youd know we're in the middle of a major court case that is centered around people using betfair to fix horse races, that im sure when is settled will have some ramifications for the industry, in the UK.

And its a fact that im getting even money on wongs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

are idiot bans still availible

[ QUOTE ]
lori i think you misunderstood me I've been arbing a lot. I never see these mysterious two day long arbs most of mine last seconds not minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're arbing college football halftimes or something then yes I'd agree. Otherwise you're not looking hard enough and the thread would likely help you.

Example from the past (LAD to win division)

Edit: That was held for at least 12 hours looking at those time stamps, and I remember it was at least another day on top, but I have no proof of that.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and thats opposed to US bookies, oh thats right there arent any except for those value laden books in Vegas.

Im still getting even money on wongs, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at BetPOP. They advertise highest teaser and parlay rates in the industry. Dunno if it's true though, but I am getting even money.

[ QUOTE ]

Hedgie43 as long as you take some kind of risk its ethical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
Old 10-12-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lori i think you misunderstood me I've been arbing a lot. I never see these mysterious two day long arbs most of mine last seconds not minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're arbing college football halftimes or something then yes I'd agree. Otherwise you're not looking hard enough and the thread would likely help you.

Example from the past (LAD to win division)

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I recognize I have a lot to learn at this. I think IRC would be awesome. Even though I remain skeptical that sharing arbs of any significance is pretty hard i'd love to learn from more experienced people and I'm more then willing to share what i can.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 PM

Arbs have a risk. The line could move before you get the second side down :P