Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Will the ability to make our own reports be available anytime soon? Honestly, I want this more than the HUD or anything else. The default reports are ok but being able to customize a report would save a lot of time for how I'm looking to use this program.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM

Feature creep on this seems to be out of control. Lock down your features as is for now, finalize a db schema, prioritize your existing bugs and and fix the high severity ones and then put a HUD in beta or you'll never get this thing off the ground. Put some FAQ pages up on your site to deal with the routine issues, most commonly postgres related stuff since most have very little experience with administering their own db platform. The larger the # of people using it the greater the # of potential feature requests/other poker site requests etc but the HUD is FAR more important for 95% of your user base than a lot of the feature requests you have been dealing with for the last 3 weeks.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feature creep on this seems to be out of control. Lock down your features as is for now, finalize a db schema, prioritize your existing bugs and and fix the high severity ones and then put a HUD in beta or you'll never get this thing off the ground. Put some FAQ pages up on your site to deal with the routine issues, most commonly postgres related stuff since most have very little experience with administering their own db platform. The larger the # of people using it the greater the # of potential feature requests/other poker site requests etc but the HUD is FAR more important for 95% of your user base than a lot of the feature requests you have been dealing with for the last 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finalizing db schema is my only priority at the moment and what I've been working on for a while. As far as feature creep, at least 95% of my development time has been spent on things I had planned on doing since the very beginning but I do agree with your overall thoughts on locking things down and moving forward with the HUD once the db schema is finalized.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly agree your worring waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much about dumb crap like how many times someone call vs rasied with a-j get the program up and running and then worry all the dumb little stats most people could care less about. You speedy imports and the all around quality of your program is why i am going to buy it.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM

rvg I just want to say good job so far, keep it up
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM

If you haven't done it already, I think you ought to make plugin interfaces so that folks can write their own hand history importers, UI add ons, etc. You might want to look at the currently out-of-development Poker DaVinci for some ideas on that score.

I appreciate you're still in beta, but you really need to put up some documentation even if minimal. At the very least, what sites are supported (I don't want to try and import hands from unsupported sites), does it support just cash games? tournaments? sit and gos? etc.

When you have time please look at importing Prima hands direct from the .dat files. It's real simple; I forget which database type they use but it's a publically available one - may be sqlite. Answer will be on Google somewhere no doubt. Would be a nice touch since you already support Prima but with the hassle of having to get a hand history exported from the client.

MySQL would have been a better database choice imho, not least because most people with a Linux computer or web hosting account, and a few with Windows, already have it, and the config/admin tools are much better. Getting postgres running wasn't much fun and I've been in the IT game for years.

Anyway, looking pretty good, good luck and I hope to see the HUD in action soon!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Hi. I'm working with SpadeEye which has a table opener/datamine function for FTP.

I have activated the FTP HH function and the files are written to my C: drive BUT as "temp" files.

HM will not auto import these. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MySQL would have been a better database choice imho, not least because most people with a Linux computer or web hosting account, and a few with Windows, already have it, and the config/admin tools are much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are a few who would disagree on that.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:12 PM

MySQL has funky licensing issues, see the PokerTracker forums for a detailed thread on what Pat went through with them, in the end, it was licensing not techinical reasons why he went that way and you see very few commercial software vendors depend on MySQL for their engine.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 PM

ETA?