Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

First of all the title of the post makes it clear what it is about.

Second, it's a sports forum, so it's not suprising that this incident would gain attention here (not that it is more important than any other tragic human story, but it is more relevant to the posters here).

As for Dids and Clarkemeister, my analogy is like walking past a church and hearing people pray inside. I'm an athiest, but I don't stop in the church to tell folks they are wasting their time praying.

If I need to rain on their parade to make myself feel "right," than that is pretty sad. I'm not intetsed in te church, so I walk by...which is waht Did's and Clark should have done on this post.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Well this has been a worthless thread.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually I had no idea who the [censored] he was, so I opened up the thread. I read, then I was like who the [censored] cares. Then I saw tons of people showing to everyone that they care, and I was like wtf why do people care. Then I was all lol mediasensationalisments.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Also, I'd like to state that it's one thing to be a big Bills fan, and/or a big follower of Everett. But the truth is none of you had heard of him until Sunday and you just posted in here to feel better about yourself and feel like you're making a difference in the world.

Clark is the only one who has shown that he truly cares about this injury, and unlike the rest didn't feel the need to show how special he is because of it until you guys started tearing him a new one.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually I had no idea who the [censored] he was, so I opened up the thread. I read, then I was like who the [censored] cares. Then I saw tons of people showing to everyone that they care, and I was like wtf why do people care. Then I was all lol mediasensationalisments.

[/ QUOTE ]

so much trash on 2+2
Old 09-11-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'd like to state that it's one thing to be a big Bills fan, and/or a big follower of Everett. But the truth is none of you had heard of him until Sunday and you just posted in here to feel better about yourself and feel like you're making a difference in the world.

Clark is the only one who has shown that he truly cares about this injury, and unlike the rest didn't feel the need to show how special he is because of it until you guys started tearing him a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he felt the need to show how special he is, just like he does in every thread. omg look clarkmeister put someone on block and told all of 2+2. omg look clarkmeister doesn't think this paralyzed guy is more special than any other paralyzed person (no [censored], sherlock). omg look clarkmeister wiped his ass.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually I had no idea who the [censored] he was, so I opened up the thread. I read, then I was like who the [censored] cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you stayed????

[ QUOTE ]
Then I saw tons of people showing to everyone that they care, and I was like wtf why do people care. Then I was all lol mediasensationalisments

[/ QUOTE ]

So why post if you don't [censored] care. Move on.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 PM

Wait, so we can't post if we don't care? Says who? Why? Just so the people who don't really "care" but posted to say that they do care feel better?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, and just a thought as to why people might *seem* care more about this guy than others who are paralzyed -- they saw it happen. so while they obviously don't know this guy personally, it is in the forefront of their minds. people don't think this guy is more important than other people because he is a football player. people aren't patting themselves on the back for taking 30 seconds to wish him well. you have a warped perception of people if you think the majority are walking around feeling good about themselves for doing such a simple thing.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 PM

This is like an OOT thread. Someone tries to do something nice and somehow the whole thing turns into a giant pissing contest.