Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

Yes, you're two such special people. It's like captain planet, watch out when your powers combine.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids, Clark. Quit while you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not behind, or ahead of, anything. I'm at this point responding to absurd posts of people who are angry I don't feel as deeply about this issue as they do. Note all the baseless accusations earlier in the thread where I asked for substantiation for the claims. Basically, they all boil down to "you don't care enough to write a letter, you're a mean jerk". Uh, ok.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM

Okay then! Carry on!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not behind, or ahead of, anything. I'm at this point responding to absurd posts of people who are angry I don't feel as deeply about this issue as they do. Note all the baseless accusations earlier in the thread where I asked for substantiation for the claims. Basically, they all boil down to "you don't care enough to write a letter, you're a mean jerk". Uh, ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not writing a letter. I don't think not writing a letter makes someone a jerk. That is not the discussion that is taking place.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I should not have written that. If you don't feel enough to take 20 seconds out of your day to type a note, that's being selfish considering he lives to play the game that you and I love to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Kevin Everett is an amazing man, playing in the NFL just for fans like me. It's quite amazing he donates all the excess money he makes to charity and really embodies playing the game for the love of it.

Oh, wait.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not writing a letter. I don't think not writing a letter makes someone a jerk. That is not the discussion that is taking place.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm also not writing a letter. however, i find any person who seriously [censored] on trying to alleviate suffering deplorable, especially in the name of 'there are other people suffering elsewhere' or 'people are only doing it to feel good about themselves'. it's the most banal, colorless card of the curmudgeon.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 PM

FWIW I agree with Dids and Clark, but this is one of my opinions I tend to keep to myself because of how worked up other people get. BTW don't point out the irony of me saying this is one of those things I keep to myself, while posting it.
I came to this conclusion more or less because when I first saw the OP I thought I was going to send a letter. Than I realized what would I type. I don't know who you are. I feel really sorry you broke you're neck, I hope you get better. That seemed pretty hollow.

Also this is incredibly stupid/wrong
[ QUOTE ]
Dids, this is being a giant douchebag. Yes, he's not famous until he broke his neck. But, do you enjoy the NFL? Do you watch any NFL games? Of course you do, and these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can entertain you, much more so than the big name superstars of the world who don't play special teams and get paid tons more. Without guys like him, there would be no NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM

A first for my 2p2 life.

I completely agree with Clark and Dids in the same thread. End of the world coming soon.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Way to get the thread off guys. Its sad, this man will never move again and will go through more in the next few years than all the douchebags commenting on him. I wonder how unhappy some of you must be in your own lives to come and comment on his situation in this way.

The one thing that may come from this situation is further attention on paralysis and the impact it has on the lives of hundreds of thousands and their families.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM

Dids and Clark are both right, obviously. Generally, the people who are writing letters are either hypocrites, ironic ignorant or tools, especially those notifying everyone else that they sent one.