Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fixed a bug where all facing CBet stats were being stored incorrectly along with the River CBet stats. Reimport will be necessary to correct the bad data for these particular stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Import over what is there allready? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Or delete the DB again [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... if you have a big db it isn't that important especially since at some point during the beta the DB structure will change (to support more functionality) and you will need to do this anyways.

For players with decent sample sizes the vs CBet stats should be pretty close but you'll notice guys with only a few hands might have a Call 100%, Fold 50%, Raise 50% or something bizarre like that since the problem only occurs on the very first write to the database for each player. This also only affects the "Players" tab, not any of the reports. So... if your db is big enough that you don't want to delete it then don't. If it is small and can be rebuilt quickly through an import then you might want to.

rvg
Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 AM

I have a couple problems with the software I was hoping you could help with.

When the program was originally released I installed it along with PostregSQL. Everything was working fine. I imported over 500k hands with a very small error % which was awesome.

Then, I closed the program and started a poker session in which I was running multiple programs that made my computer lag. I opened task manager and began manually ending the processes that were hogging cpu performance. Not knowing PostregSQL naturally used 3-4 processes I ended all 3. My comp was still running slow so I restarted.

Upon rebooting XP Pro, my user login screen appeared and my default User Account, Administrator, was no longer available. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I wasn't sure how it could have happened but I've been unable to recover the original Administrative account. Luckily, all the Docs & Settings files were still able to be accesssed in My Computer. So I copied the old Admin D&S folder to the new Admin2 D&S folder with some success.

But, some of the programs required a re-install, including HEM. So my questions are:

If I reinstall the latest version of HEM is there a way to replace its default database with the original database I imported 500k hands to?

Also, any idea why the user account may have been deleted? It seems ironic that it occurred after the install of HEM. I believe it may have something to do with manually ending processes in task manager though.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

* There is now a Options - Miscellaneous Options - Minimize to System Tray toggle item. Checking this will cause HM to go to the System Tray when it is minimized and unchecking it will make HM simply minimize like a typical app when minimized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best feature so far. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you so much.

[ QUOTE ]
* Added an Uncheck All button beside the stakes list on the Filter Form

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that PT!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 AM

I just became aware of the software and have a few quick questions.

#1. I have a fairly elaborate multiple machine datamining setup and I'm wondering if HM has any way of telling that a HH is a duplicate, specifically one I have that I actually played vs another copy of the same HH that was picked up by one of my datamining machines. It would be very nice if it was this intelligent but I realize for most this is an unlikley scenario.

#2. Is there locking of the DB at the table or row level? I'll doubtless wind up doing all sorts of funky stuff to the DB directly at various time (obviously I won't be contact support about this kind of under the hood tinkering).

#3. Does HM have an archive mechanism for HH? I see from your intro video you have a directory with HH by day, something like that by month and day would be easy enough to add. If not I would suggest it as a feature request post release, it's not an immediate need but it certainly is one as time goes by.

Looks very impressive, finally dev in the poker world catches up with modern technology, PT always makes me feel so 1998 or therabouts.

IHATECATS
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 AM

The import fix thing seems to work now.

Although....

When trying to make a report i get a dialog box that says something like this ( in swedish ) "The following error occured when running this report: The task is not supported by the type of object it was reffered to."

Sessions doesnt work either.

Nor hands or graphs.

BUT! players report works.

vs player doesnt work either.

Strange! Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:29 AM

Played around now a little. Iget sessions to work now, if i deleted the aliases i created. And then just do "find" in change player.

Also hands works.จจ

Graphs too

Players and vsplayers too,

Reports didnt....

BUT!! Then i unchecked LIMIT and Toruneys. And only had NL in the checkbox for the edit filter in reports.. And now it works!

Hmm Strange.. Dunno if that was the bug.. Or if the alias thing has to do with it too.. Hmmm
Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM

Sort of works. But still i get that dialog box sometimes. So i go in edit filter. Uncheck all, then checks. And it works.

Somehow.. I dont really think the stats are true..

It might be wishful thinking but i believe there is some fault in reading my winnings.

Also it seems like if ur in for ie charts, and has one checked filter. And then go to reports.. and just click create report. That dialog comes up. It kinda seems like u need to edit filter for every tab or an error occurs..

Again.. This is me speculating and trying to do some error leading. Might not be true.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 AM

And once more ..

There IS a problem reading HHs and my winnings.

According to HM i have played 2 sessions this morning.

( correct ).

One session im supposed to be down $29

and on one session won $0.92

The right answere should be:
On session one: up about $40-45
On session 2: Up about $100 or more.

And the filters are set correctly..

Could it be that it doesnt import hands that are all in? Some hands are at least not being imported from prima HHs where u win money.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 AM

This is a import error for ie..

** Game ID 1521016548 starting - 2007-07-27 13:07:18
** Settle Down [Hold 'em] (0.25|0.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- decka23 sitting in seat 1 with $28.09
- JandT sitting in seat 2 with $29.17 [Dealer]
- mrgreenberg sitting in seat 3 with $58.98
- -ZooKey- sitting in seat 4 with $23.68
- emwi76 sitting in seat 6 with $56.24

mrgreenberg posted the small blind - $0.25
-ZooKey- posted the big blind - $0.50

** Dealing card to emwi76: 7 of Clubs, 7 of Diamonds
emwi76 raised - $2.00
decka23 called - $2.00
JandT folded
mrgreenberg folded
-ZooKey- folded

** Dealing the flop: 6 of Clubs, 4 of Clubs, 5 of Hearts
emwi76 bet - $2.37
decka23 raised - $4.74
emwi76 called - $4.74

** Dealing the turn: 7 of Spades
emwi76 checked
decka23 bet - $10.00
emwi76 went all-in - $49.50
decka23 went all-in - $11.35

** Dealing the river: 9 of Clubs
decka23 shows: 4 of Diamonds, 4 of Hearts
emwi76 shows: 7 of Clubs, 7 of Diamonds
emwi76 wins $54.93 from the main pot

End of game 1521016548
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I reinstall the latest version of HEM is there a way to replace its default database with the original database I imported 500k hands to?

[/ QUOTE ]

The database should still be there and HM should still be able to connect to it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, any idea why the user account may have been deleted? It seems ironic that it occurred after the install of HEM. I believe it may have something to do with manually ending processes in task manager though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you disabled UAC before installing or something like that? Closing the tasks should never cause a problem like this.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if HM has any way of telling that a HH is a duplicate

[/ QUOTE ]

It will skip the second attempt to import the hand - so if the mined version of the hand is imported first then your actually played version will not be imported. Only issue with this is that you will be missing your hole cards. I might be able to improve this although it would slow down import speeds a little - maybe make it an option to overwrite mined version of a hand with an unmined version?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there locking of the DB at the table or row level?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be improved although even in its current state you should not have any issues importing from multiple computers into one database.

[ QUOTE ]
Does HM have an archive mechanism for HH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a physical one yet although all HH's are stored in the DB. A future beta update will move hands to an appropriate archive folder.

[ QUOTE ]
bunch of weird functionality after getting it to work by creating an alias

[/ QUOTE ]

Will look into this some more. Thanks for all of the detail.

[ QUOTE ]
Prima errors

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima still has a failry high error rate on imports. THe next update should have this lowered quite a bit.

Thanks,

rvg