Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Traveling to Minnesota...

[ QUOTE ]
They don't offer NL cash games, but it's a huge room with a wide variety of limit games. They also have sit n' gos, which I would recommend against due to the structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SnGs are 90/10 (pay out is 500, 300, 100) and 45/10 (pay out is 250, 150, 50)

Where do you find a lower rake for an SNG than the 90/10, third place may suck, but 11% is lower than I generally find for a live rake.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:15 PM

I played an SNG a while ago. It sucked. IIRC I folded an orbit, 3-bet AI PF w/ AQo and lost to 55. And this was like, very, very standard. Just a push-n-go.

(I'm not commenting on the play, which is bad, I'm commenting on the structure.)
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Treasure Island is closer to Iowa, but if you're going to make the drive, come up to Canterbury.

Wednesday tournament (NLHE $200+30)
Sunday varies, sometimes a cheesy shoot-out, sometimes $400.

Donkament SNGs Monday and Thursday

Otherwise wall to wall limit. Brush up on your limit on-line before you come. The regulars get a huge laugh at "If this was no-limit I could have raised you off your hand". Chip spewing usually commences.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny and I love these out of town NL only donks who can't adjust to LHE that come to CP and spew chips thinking they are going to "raise you off a hand".
They raise preflop with AToff and keep betting the whole way after they complely miss the flop and then go ballistic when you call them down/raise after you flop top pair or a great draw. I don't think I'm going to fold the nut flush draw with 2 overs and a backdoor straight draw with 10 bets already in the pot. I just laugh to myself.
Priceless

PS - The $200 and $400 NL tourneys are decent but skip the Donk and Go's as the structure(300 chips to start, blinds double every 10 min) is brutal. The players are terrible but unless you double up in the first round or two you will be pushing 15 minutes in.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is funny and I love these out of town NL only donks who can't adjust to LHE that come to Callerbury and spew chips thinking they are going to "raise you off a hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP