Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: playing against ratholers

[ QUOTE ]
Variance is only related to expected value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance is only related to expected value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just copy/paste the IRC chat so ppl understand...
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I said a good shortstacker shouldn't have much in terms of tendencies as all, thats not the same as you saying I said "shortstackers don't have tendencies".

Furthermore, I don't think you get what is unethical about shortstacking; it's not shortstacking itself in essence, it is, as many people have said before, the ratholing part of it. Poker is a game that developed live, and within the context of the game there are ethics concerning leaving the table, taking money off the table and sitting back down.

To compare that with stacking a gambling addict (of which account balance you have no idea of nor do you have any idea who he is, where he comes from and his financial situation) is just ridiculous.

Also I just heard you have gone from fullstacking to shortstacking, which kind of makes you rather biased trying to defend your own behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, well it's clear we have a difference of opinion on the ethics issue and while I don't agree, I do understand where you're coming from since 99% of my play over the last 3 years has been full stacked.

I'm not trying to defend what I do. I have openly stated in this thread that what I do is completely lame and I acknowledge that it ruins games.

The bottom line is this: I love the game of poker and all but 80% of the time I play my goal is simple: Make as much money as possible. From now until the last hand I ever play or until i have the luxury of being a gazillionaire, i will play poker in whatever fashion earns me the most money.

That's awesome that a lot of you guys are good enough that you can full stack 25/50 and make 1k+ an hour. I respect and envy you for that. I'm not good enough to do that anymore and I fully admit it. I can't make more than 300/hr full stacking mid stakes. It's insane for people to think that I should freely choose to take a huge cut in pay though voluntarily when I do have the ability to make more than double that in an easy, ableit, more dubious fashion.

I wish I was 18 like many of you guys and I had all the time in the world to grind it out and work on my game and put in the hours so that maybe someday I could be the next durrr.

That time has passed for me though. I'm 23 now. I'm out of college and working. I've got a house to buy, bills to pay, I just don't have the time and can't afford the risk involved in playing full high stakes anymore.

If everyone adjusts properly and SSing is no longer profitable then so be it, I'll just play whatever game makes me the most money then.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 AM

all: if you're going to lobby for something lobby for something useful, like more forced action, e.g. antes and straddles. think big picture!

ethics are essentially the collective preferences of a population as determined by the constituency, with each member's preference weighted by social value. a lot of people here seem to "prefer" no shortstacking and thus they condemn it as "wrong" (it annoys them and they don't prefer it!). save us all the trouble by just saying "i don't care much for shortstacking". it'll shorten the posts and we can more efficiently read bad advice and misinformation.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all: if you're going to lobby for something lobby for something useful, like more forced action, e.g. antes and straddles. think big picture!

ethics are essentially the collective preferences of a population as determined by the constituency, with each member's preference weighted by social value. a lot of people here seem to "prefer" no shortstacking and thus they condemn it as "wrong" (it annoys them and they don't prefer it!). save us all the trouble by just saying "i don't care much for shortstacking". it'll shorten the posts and we can more efficiently read bad advice and misinformation.

[/ QUOTE ]

post of the thread
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

post of the thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:57 AM

hey luego didnt you complain in another thread about how to help out players in the game? this seems a bit odd when i could go quote you about "OMGOMG I CANT SPOON FEED YOU HOW TO PLAY" then you go screw the short stacks over. why dont you let people learn on their own and go busto your roll somewhere else?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM

This is a great thread, I think the next thing to do is lets open up our PTs and analyze the ranges and tendencies of the most annoying SSers on the major sites and post them in a single thread. Time to put these cockroaches down once and for all.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM

i have bad news for you, mahtimies: the error that keeps shortstacks in business isn't making spite or loose calls, and the error that keeps them in business keeps nearly everyone in business by getting enough money in the pot with wide enough ranges that.. oh, nevermind!

continue!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey luego didnt you complain in another thread about how to help out players in the game? this seems a bit odd when i could go quote you about "OMGOMG I CANT SPOON FEED YOU HOW TO PLAY" then you go screw the short stacks over. why dont you let people learn on their own and go busto your roll somewhere else?

[/ QUOTE ]
He won't spoon feed people how to beat him and other fullstacks, but he will spoon feed people how to beat players that he thinks are ruining his games for him. Making the games less profitable than they could be. It's 100% selfish and 100% understandable.