Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Poker in Seattle?

I thought I'd bump this thread to let the seattle area people know what parker's is planning. Apparently they listened to the complaints of people like Crane.

Starting sep. 1st, they will no longer be dropping for the bad beat in the 12-24 game, so it'll be a $3 effective drop but will not be eligible for bad beat or high hand payouts.

They are also going to start spreading 20-40 again, on friday and saturday nights. This game will also have no BB drop, and they are going to lower the rake to just $2 for the 20 game.

I normally wouldn't try to infest my usual game with 2p2ers, but I'm hoping that the 20 game reaches critical volume to run regularly. As long as nothing scares off the regular parker's donators, there should be plenty to go around.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Hi Seattle folks; I'll be playing next Thursday night (9/28)in your area. I play mostly spread limit games here in Montana, we have a $300 max pot limit here. My favorite game is a 2-10 game with single $2 blind. I was thinking that the Red Dragon 2-20 might just be the ticket for me. Would I better to try the 2-40 at Drift/Hollywood instead? I'm a bit concerned that a 2-40 may be bit out of my comfort zone for limit. Thoughts????
Thanks for any replies!!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM

BUMP for REPLY
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 PM

~
Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Where are you going to be in Seattle? If North go to Drift/Hollywood if south go to Muck in Auburn. If you want a good game selction go to Tulaliup farther up north. We have a $500 cap per bet here in the state but there is plenty of action. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM

I ended up playing at the Red Dragon, They only had a single table going or 3-6 and after a long time of urging I got them to change to 2-20 which is why I went to the Red Dragon to begin with. I guess it was a "slow night". I also played 3-6 at Goldies. I was doing okay at 3-6 at the Red Dragon then lost what I was willing to play with in one place on a couple of heart breaker suck outs. At goldies I won about half my lost money back. All in all I had a good time. I did feel I was a bit misled by the folks at the Dragon cause I was told they had a 2-20 game every night. One of the regulars said they only have had a 2-20 game a few times.