Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: General advice on moving to online play

Generally,I agree with you about picking up betting habits, etc. But, for me, that's the problem with multi-tabling. I guess I'm not smart enough - I can pick up on trends on one table, maybe even two, but more than that and I'm in robot mode.

Edit: I thought about this a bit - I bet that the reason you're getting bored is because you're doing something non-poker related while you're playing. Like watching TV, or surfing the net, etc. In a B&M (or home) game, you're paying attention to the players when you're out of the hand.

Personally, I find that paying attention to the on-line players is more important in ring play than in tourneys - the same players are at the table longer...

Just a thought.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:08 PM

I would also add that when playing online, feel free to take lots of breaks. If you find that you can only play for half an hour or an hour before you start playing poorly, that only go that far and then get up and walk around or just shut everything down for a few hours. The games will always be there so there is no reason to force yourself to play longer than you comfortably can. It's not like live play where you are playing in your home game once and only once a week where you may want to play as long as possible knowing that you won't be able to play again for another week.

Also, concerning the beats, you just have to deal with it as beats happen more often. If you are playing 2 tables online, you may be able to get in 100 or 200 hands an hour as opposed to 25 or 30 hands live. This alone will up the frequency of suckouts.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:54 PM

I would agree with taking breaks. I recently started focusing more play online, and find myself getting tilty and then taking a break. The break is best way for me to calm down. Thats hard to do in a home game.