Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 AM

Default I hate my [censored] senator

My Senator is a [censored] P.O.S. douchbag. I would would like to apoligize on behalf of all Arizona residents for having such an ignorant individual representing our state. I will be contacting Senator Kyl over the next few days. I have almost 300 friends/family/random people I met on the street here in AZ who have agreed to bombard him with messages along with myself. Please post here what you would like us to say to him. Not sure if it will make a difference, but I am not creative enough to come up with 300 different messages.

AZ

Also, saying "senator Kyl you are a [censored] tool, how the [censored] did you finish high school, let alone college" would be fun, but ineffective. I am hoping to get some quality material that can be sent to him. Though if you have something witty and highly degrading to say, post it for fun. I can always send him messages after this bill is voted on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Re: I hate my [censored] senator

Why do you support the idea that it is OK to bet on horses on the internet, and you support the idea that it is ok to buy lottery tickets on the internet, but you think an ADULT who plays .50 cent no limit hold em poker on the internet should not have the individual freedom to do what they want to with their own money? And why are you trying to regulate the internet the same way China and other totaliatarian countries do? And When are you right wing bible thumping Republican backwater hicks going to get out of ADULTS bedrooms, computers, and lives and let us have some freaking FREEDOM! - -...OK I guess the last one isn't so good, but damn this whole thing really torques me..
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 AM

Tell him that I hope he contracts AIDS from a Haitian Tranny
Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 AM

In all seriousness, if you mention Kyl to anyone who works on Capitol Hill their immediate reaction is that he's completely off his rocker.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, if you mention Kyl to anyone who works on Capitol Hill their immediate reaction is that he's completely off his rocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to troll here, but how do you know this? Just from past interviews on tv/radio/newspaper or do you work in that area and talk to the people?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not trying to troll here, but how do you know this? Just from past interviews on tv/radio/newspaper or do you work in that area and talk to the people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am -- er, until about a month ago when I turned pro I WAS -- a lawyer in DC. Inside the beltway blah, blah, blah.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 AM

Boy do agree with everything you say about Kyl! I'm in AZ too, he's still polling pretty well but Pederson is mounting a pretty good effort.

But, on this topic, I think you're referring to HR 4411, which passed yesterday. This is a House bill, not the Senate. (Kyl would surely have voted for it if he could have..) Call your House member. (Call Kyl too! He is completely on-board with this effort.)
Old 07-12-2006, 11:32 AM

Kyl is a supporter for banning internet gambling and is sure to press the issue in the senate (from what I've read anyway.) That was what OP was trying to apologize for.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyl is a supporter for banning internet gambling and is sure to press the issue in the senate (from what I've read anyway.) That was what OP was trying to apologize for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct, Senator Kyl is spearheading the bill in the Senate. Seeing as the senate is our last chance at getting this thing shot down, I am hoping to put some doubt in his mind(not likely). I have drafted a letter to our local newspaper pwning him, hopefully it will be published. He clearly thinks that all Arizonan's are bible thumping conservatives, and opposing online poker will help him in the upcoming election. I am hoping to make him reconsider.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 AM

I hate bible thumpers