Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 10:23 AM

Default Cash on the table

We had a new player wanting to play with cash on the table, he felt he was comfortable with it. I know this is taboo, but I felt, this guy had made many unsucceful moves at becoming the table bully. I knew he would lose all/most of the cash he put on the table. I help run the game but am not the final say in anything, I said I really didnt have an issue with it, but felt that it was up to the home owner to have the final say.

I made sure he declared how much cash he put up on the table(we currently dont have a max buyin, and it hasnt been an isssue until now.)and away we went.

I am wondering if you guys have thoughts on this. I know most are probably going to say NO WAY CASH SHOULD BE ON THE TABLE. I felt he would lose more if he did this, which of course happened.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Cash on the table

Was this Daniel Negraneu throwing the 100K bricks around like on HSP?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:01 AM

Personally, I don’t have a problem with cash on the table. It’s pretty unambiguous…

On the other hand, if he wanted to use his personal chips (at your house), I might have a problem with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, what’s the problem? Once at my usual game, the host bought several rolls of Sacagawea dollars and we played with cash all night. It was kind of fun.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:28 AM

Nothing wrong with it, as long as:

- no one starts ratholing
- bet verification is made simple (no shorting the pot, please)
Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 PM

lol, No I also see no issue with it. I am trying to figure out why its a big deal or if there is something I am not seeing by allowing this.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, No I also see no issue with it. I am trying to figure out why its a big deal or if there is something I am not seeing by allowing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the big deal either. Well, I mean I guess maybe it could slow the game down, or make the game a little "messy" mixing bills instead of straight chips.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the big deal either. Well, I mean I guess maybe it could slow the game down, or make the game a little "messy" mixing bills instead of straight chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much easier to explain cash in your pockets, than chips, if something goes missing from the table.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:15 PM

I guess I'd view it as being part of a 'service' industry. You have a fish at your table who wants to give you all his money. I think you should do anything within reason to accomodate him.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:56 PM

I think the only time this wouldn't be allowed in a home game is in a NL game. Otherwise let it go. IT is much better than having guys 'go light' then trying to calculate a Hi/Lo pot. or having to set up side pots.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:05 PM

"I think the only time this wouldn't be allowed in a home game is in a NL game."

Why??? That's when it would make the MOST sense to allow "cash plays"

" IT is much better than having guys 'go light' then trying to calculate a Hi/Lo pot. or having to set up side pots. "

It is much WORSE to allow people to pull extra money out mid-hand, and even worse to allow "lights"
TRUST me on this one- don't do it.