Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 01:03 AM

Default $11 bubble play: counterfeited on the riv

Oi, no real read on the SB. Avg player I guess (him limping in SB doesn't mean he has a hand at all). Usually when SB limps and checks flop and I have air, I'll lead out like 80% of the time. Here I check the flop and was going to bluff any turn if checked to me. I didn't bet the flop b/c obv I can't have an ace as I would've shoved and probably Q is good enough to shove pre too. Also he probably thinks if I have a Q, I check flop anyways. Turn I figure if he does have an 8, it's a chop. Otherwise when I call, I freeze him (he fears/ A or Q) and then I get a free showdown. When he checks to me on riv and I have board, I need to make his possible air hand (K hi or J hi maybe) fold as he probably has me if I check it back. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t250/t500
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2450
Button: t2450
SB: t4360
vers: t4240

Pre-flop: (4 players) vers is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, SB calls t250 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t750)</font>, vers checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t1000, 2 players)
SB checks, vers checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1000, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t500</font>, vers calls t500 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1500)</font>.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t2000, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">vers bets t1000</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: t1000 returned to vers.

Results:
Final pot: t2000
Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: $11 bubble play: counterfeited on the riv

Him limping probably means he doesnt have an ace, his turn bet is a bluff, flush draw or an 8 (chop) most of the time. I am cehcking behind most rivers, but with playing the board here, the flush draw missing and him checking the riv I dont mind your bet. I would guess you see a ck/call from a queen, or a muck here almost always - its probably tough for an 11 player to hero call K or J high