Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Flop bottom pair +GS

.5/1 4-handed.

BB is an ok player, 29/18. I feel he bluffs a bit too often, doesn't lay down often enough, and is overly aggressive against passive opponents.

CO is 70/0 over 80 hands. Unbelievably passive, I've never seen him raise preflop, and that includes premium hands. Postflop he's also extremely loose and passive and always slowplays strong hands until the river. He's occasionally made a total bluff bet on the river.

Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO calls, BTN folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop (3 SB): 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets, CO calls.

Anyone lead the flop? If not against this lineup, what type of players would you want to bet the flop?
Regardless, what's the plan for the rest of the hand? I could easily see BB taking a stab here with a draw or even A-hi. Should I go to the river?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Flop bottom pair +GS

I think a flop check is best here. With two players interested in the pot I think folding is best. We don't have odds for our GS and our two pair/trips outs are tainted. Pots on the small side. We are OOP. If we hit on the turn we have to worry about redraws.

Even though BB might try to steal too often this is a bad, drawy, board for him to bluff at.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a flop check is best here. With two players interested in the pot I think folding is best. We don't have odds for our GS and our two pair/trips outs are tainted. Pots on the small side. We are OOP. If we hit on the turn we have to worry about redraws.

Even though BB might try to steal too often this is a bad, drawy, board for him to bluff at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead always... If I didn't lead, I'd call.

The above is how I play, and by no means advice on the best play. I'm hoping to get reprimanded and plug a leak.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 AM

you have a definite 5outs, possibly as many 9 outs, and you are getting 5-1. it is close but I probably call and fold UI on the turn.

I think leading here or c/c are all fine lines, and you should mix up your plays. If you usually lead with draws you should lead with these hands as well, if you usually c/c with draws you should c/c here as well.