Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $65.60
Hero (UTG): $50
MP: $13.35
CO: $62.10
BTN: $38.85
SB: $51.35

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $4.75

Flop: ($13.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds

Results: $33.50 Pot ($33.50 Rake)

Hand 2: just realized its the same villian at a dif table and time.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $96.55
BB: $72.10
UTG: $50.05
BTN: $146.20

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.50</font>, BTN folds

Results: $25 Pot ($1.25 Rake)
Hero mucked 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $23.75 (+$11.50 NET)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: 50nl - A couple of donkish bluffs

I like the first one better, but he'd be retarded to fold an Ace there. And he should have one more than not. Second hand makes me lol, that's pretty much nuts. Is your opponent that transparently bad? I guess with 200bb it's hard to go broke when you 3bet here but me thinks typical opponent is just going to [censored] it and push top pair or w/e too much.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 AM

I like the first one. Considering that he probably doesn't 3bet light, has sane stats and he might be able to fold QQ,KK and maybe even AQ here. The only question is whether you would play JJ or AJ this way. I guess that's the case.

The second one I don't understand. I guess villain might raise with a flushdraw there, but the only thing you could possibly represent here is a set. I think this is making complicating your game too much. At least I think it would at mainly variance to my results and not EV. But maybe you are a genius.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:08 AM

In hand 2, what the hell does he check behind on the flop with? He is asking me to think it's 88. But I'm not buying that. I think he has overs or a hand like 99/T9 that he is playing poorly. Only thing that makes sense is 88, and I dont see why he doesn't cbet that HU on a board like this.

It is definately a little fps. But I think his thoughts go like this, he thinks that I'm weak because I checked the flop, he is betting here with ATC, If i raise he will fold most of the time.

My thought process is I think that he thinks that I think he is weak and I am betting ATC, so he is raising with junk so I'll come over the top.

every now and then I am in this situation and this works almost everytime.

I'm interested in my betsizing too. It worked but would increasing it help my FE? Or is it just fine?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 AM

if you min raise once and awhile with big hands I like this agianst a thinking/ok mutitabler.

hand 1 I like better cause thats how alot of folks would play a Jack.

hand two I agree that what hand could he have here? that checks the flop? christ I have similar stats to that guy and Im not checking behind much there so its either TT or he has totall air I guess. and you could have a set or something there cause you prob wouldnt lead flop with that most likely.

I like them but wouldnt keep doing it agianst the same guy/or more observant players that often.