Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]
"On a neutral field, OSU would be at least a 7 pt favorite over UGA."

[/ QUOTE ]

<3<3<3 the big ten. Take that out of conference opponent moneyline straight to the bank. LOL at OSU being a favorite over UF last year. Did anyone even bother looking at what supposed heisman candidate troy smith did vs the only 2 decent (top 100) pass defenses (ill and psu) he faced before florida (yep held to under 115 yards)? No one in the know, was surprised at all by the result last year when he faced that top 5 gator pass defense that was top ranked despite being tested all year in the SEC.

Please continue this con of not playing any decent non-conference opponents so we can continue to hammer these ridiculous line pricing discrepancies come bowl season.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 AM

Good job PoC, I'm clearly a Big 10 homer. Nothing to do with spread-based power rankings. Nope.

[ QUOTE ]
My dad taught me very seriously when i was just 2 that "georgia tech" was a bad word

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it like to grow up in a trailer?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<3<3<3 the big ten. Take that out of conference opponent moneyline straight to the bank. LOL at OSU being a favorite over UF last year. Did anyone even bother looking at what supposed heisman candidate troy smith did vs the only 2 decent (top 100) pass defenses (ill and psu) he faced before florida (yep held to under 115 yards)? No one in the know, was surprised at all by the result last year when he faced that top 5 gator pass defense that was top ranked despite being tested all year in the SEC.

Please continue this con of not playing any decent non-conference opponents so we can continue to hammer these ridiculous line pricing discrepancies come bowl season.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's getting pretty annoying to have to say this every time.

in 2005-6 osu played texas. in 2008-9 we play usc. in 2010-11 we play miami of florida, and down the line we have series' with virginia tech and some other high ranking team.

so seriously, take your 'ohio state never plays anybody' [censored] and shove it up your ignorant sec fanboy ass where it might eventually make it to your head.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:19 AM

lol woops this is bbv
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Random conference Power Rankings:
1. SEC, just because there are so few soft spots. A full SEC schedule is a beating week-in, week-out.
2. Big 12. Similar reason, Baylor is the only really abysmal team and the Big 12 does currently have 3 teams in the top 10.
3. PAC-10 I guess, I really like Oregon but I haven't seen ASU so idk if they are for real yet.
4. Big 10-I do love Ohio State but I think the rest of the conference is mostly having a lackluster year.
5. Big East-on the back of BC and I guess Rutgers
6. ACC-because USF is the best team in Florida.

And top 5 teams:
1. Ohio State-Bar none, the best I think
2. Boston College-I think you have to until they lose
3. Oregon-might not be quite this good but wow what a fun offense to watch
4. Oklahoma-Yes, they have a freshman quarterback. Yes, he will win the Heisman one day if he stays for 4 years (big if)
5. LSU-meh
Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BC is in the ACC
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BC is in the ACC

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm well then i guess switch ACC/Big East even tho I think Miami/FSU's demise is pretty shameful.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in 2005-6 osu played texas. in 2008-9 we play usc. in 2010-11 we play miami of florida, and down the line we have series' with virginia tech and some other high ranking team.

so seriously, take your 'ohio state never plays anybody' [censored] and shove it up your ignorant sec fanboy ass where it might eventually make it to your head.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you play one tuff game a year and you think you are worthy of respect by a SEC fan? Your a NIT.

This is a real,real,tuff lineup??????

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
Kent State
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

Its a joke! Ever team in the SEC has a tougher road than "AN Ohio State University" There are teams with two loses that would stomp ur a z z. So stop hating and schedule some decent teams
Old 10-30-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're levelling. Naming one team a year really doesn't help your case. Incidently, Texas was unranked at the end of the year when OSU played them.

I already ran a comparison of OSU and UF's schedules last year. UF's schedule was very clearly harder.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Name like 2 other matchups that are anywhere as big as something like UF/UGA or Bama/Auburn, in the big 12 or pac 10?

Michigan/OSU is always big, and that's obvious, but the point is that it's the ONLY one.

The point is that it is all about emotion. Thats what makes good teams great, and what seperates the SEC from everyone else. The tradition, and the rivelries.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you meant that's what makes rivalries great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

Players who really want to win more than the other guys elevate their performance (to quote the pontiac ad gayness).