Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: ATs v LAG - 50NL

[ QUOTE ]
3BET FLOP THEN C/F TO TURN BET.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off you can't 3bet here since hero didn't bet in the first place. Secondly, if you raise he's folding most all hands you beat and calling/pushing the hands that crush you.

Also, I've noticed all your posts in this forum are one sentence replies. If you're going to respond with your line, at least explain why you think your line is best.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Help me play the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shove!

Once you made the decision to play the hand against him, I think you played this hand well if you shove at this point. Calling and seeing another card is bad, and folding now is meh after calling on the 2 streets already. He will fold alot of the time here, call with AK/AQ, flush draws, 10x, and overpairs. You are ahead of a lags range at this point alot of the time. He will fire 2 barrels alot, but the pot is large enough that if he folds you are happy winning it here, and you cant afford to let further cards come off.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM

I think I would just call the flop. He has such a high aggression factor I think that he is willing to put all his money into the pot for us. Of course this does give him the opportunity to draw out on us. But I think that we will be ahead of his betting range.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:47 PM

c/c villain down obv. 4beting preflop seems reasonable.
never fold here though...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM

Grunch, If your playing against a LAG and hit a hand like this you cant be scared to play it. If you are you need to fold PF. This is good, much better than hitting your ace. I lead the flop weakly and hope he raises, then r/r all in.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:47 PM

From his perspective, I this is a great board to keep firing on, because I think that there's a large part of your range that doesn't want to see all the money go in. So, I probably call down. I think calling (rather than c/r) maximizes the amount of money he puts in trying to push you off the hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:50 PM

i think c/r is a bad idea, if you do c/r do it small. worse hands aren't calling, it really only has protection value.

also keep in mind even though over cards are scary, he's only got 6 outs if he has 2 overs thats like %12 to hit.

make a plan now wether you think he'll bluff a non ace over, an ace over, and a under card. and come up with c/c or c/f fold lines for each. playing this passive seems a bit scary but against a lag you gotta do it and accept the variance.