Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: 6 handed video

I clicked the link and went to the site, but how do you access the video?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 AM

You need to enter the 3-digit code and click the downnload button (top rightish).
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 AM

Hi all,

I have a link to direct download the vid:

Direct Download link to Baronzeus vid.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:59 AM

lol, the running commentary is hilarious.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:52 AM

the commentary is hilarious,

Whats with the KJ laydown on a QJT board, facing two cold?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I have a link to direct download the vid:

Direct Download link to Baronzeus vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the KJ fold with the pair and open end straight on the flop.

Another hand, he has JT. With two opponents, and position, the flop comes with a Q and J. It is one bet to him on the flop and he raises, and gets two callers. They both check to him and he bets the turn with middle pair. He gets two callers. It is checked to him on the river and he bets again. I don't like betting middle pair against two opponents who have called to the river. I don't see the better hand that folds or the worse hand that calls.

Another hand that I don't like he knows he played incorrectly. He bet his pocket nines on the flop and an ace fell on the turn. It was check to him. In this spot I check to try to induce a bluff on the river. You don't want to invest two or three bets to get to showdown once the ace hits. So he could well have gotten bluffed out of that pot.

Another one I question slightly, a preflop fold. He has JT suited and has raised. It is re-raised and capped back to him, with another (limper I believe) having folded. Half invested, should we see the flop here with this drawing hand?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM

folds, guy who posted BB+SB checks, baronzeus says there's definitely a case to be made for folding A4o on the button? wtf?

i know of some good players who will raise almost any 2 on the button after the CO poster checks, even if he hasn't posted a dead small. i think thats definitely wrong, but how can you consider folding A4o here?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 AM

The KJ fold was eye-poppingly bad.

Open-fold 87o on the btn? wtf?

What about the turn call with Kx5h on the 78TQhhh board?

I don't like the fold of AJo after checking on the turn, but whatever.

Oh, BZ makes a note on a player which will be misleading later. "call 2 cold with 99". Well, it isn't 2 cold, it is 2 more in the BB.

3betting KJo HJ raiser is questionable.

"apparently leoe justs wants to play every pot with me" - can't take it personally, esp in 6max. he 3bet you becasue he likes his hand. Got to repeat that to yourself. Jesus dude, now you call him "oh geez, now he leaves after those two hands, lil p.o.s" It is really bad to be thinking this way.

It is a mistake NOT to bet that 99 turned ace. can't let all those random overcards get there cuz you are scared of the ace. I also call down that 99 hand.

In general, I think you fold too much after the flop.

3beting 33 from the SB is really close. I usually fold 44 and less. Really hard to get them to fold ANY flopped pair in this sit.

the 85s hand was questionable. I check/fold almost always, but you can certainly find me calling down if I end up as the only one in the pot.

The JTs hand, of course you call for 2 more after in for 2. Rediculous fold.

Raising Q8s after a limper from the CO is... questionable.

Folding 33 UTG+1 is bad.

"that's a bad card" yeah dude, they're all bad cards, quit getting scared by them.

uh... did I just see you fold grannie Mae?

You are playing weak/tight.

you induce bluffs, you don't invoke them.

Q4s in the BB, good call.

Jesus, you can't fold that A9 river. That's SO bad.

The check behind after 3betting on the K92 board is bad. They put you on AK a lot. They're folding A LOT, but if you check behind and they pair the turn, they might smell a rat and call down. Bet it.

Can't rush to fold 88 on a k53 board. I know he ended up having K5, but he has much much less more times than not.

The JT is a good river bet.

chk/call btm pair when 3 flush flops.... dude, you'll find a better opportunity.

Folding A5 on the King river is fine.

"when I'm running bad like that" LAWL!

Not sure why you didn't raise the turn on the 86hh hand. Get him to fold a bunch of overcards, plz. I was actually rooting for him to have a jack so you might learn that lesson.

You got to quit checking behind when you improve your hand on the turn. Make them pay to suck out on you. Make their bluffs more profitable for you.

Raising the 22 on the turn made my eyes go buggy. It goes agaisnt your usual grain of not raising to get them to fold 6 outers, and against this guy, you're not folding out 88 here, are you?

Fold k5o on the btn 3 handed?

calling 96o in the BB? even to a btn raise.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 AM

OK, that was my in the moment reactions. I think your biggest hole is that you are not calling down nearly enough. You make a number of questionable peels, but you're not making enough call downs. You tend to get surprised, concerned, when they show aggression again on the turn when you are playing weak. You can't be taking this as new information and tightening up their hand range. new information in LHE only occurs after a change in aggression (obviously not strictly true) and I know you know it, but it seems like you are thinking about their bets too much. "I'm just gonna call here, but if he bets the river, I'm done." Guess what, he's gonna bet the river. Sync your turn/river plan with your type of hand. If you have a made hand, however bad, make your decision on the turn as to whether it is a call down or a fold and enact the decision on the turn. Drawing hands you can fold the river, obv. I don't think you lost anything because of it during the video, but your not always protecting weak made hands by betting the turn. I REALLY like your turn bet of the 99 hand. PLEASE don't start checking behind in that situation. Folding vs. calling down is a question mark, but don't avoid making tough decisions by letting him get there with his 5-6 outs that DIDN'T hit the turn.

Watching you play is encouraging me to make more folds, which is something I need to do, but FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY, PLEASE START CALLING DOWN MORE!!!! I wonder how a few extra call downs would have effected your bottom line for the session. Directly; the pots you folded when ahead. Indirectly; the amount you were getting played back at might have decreased.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM

Cool idea, fun to watch a fellow SH pro do a session. Was very surprised the number of times we would have taken different lines.