Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Default DERB is...based on Izmet Fekali Email

So, i thought to sort out all of these questions that we were having, I would just go straight to the source. Izmet Fekali.

I emailed Mr. Fekali asking him if:
1) he was DERB
2) If he wasn't, was DERB part of his "research group"
3) If he wasn't part of his "research group", the dose he know who he is?
4) If he still frequents twoplustwo.com

He said that he doesn't frequent twoplustwo.com, that DERB isn't part of his "research groups", but he does know the player.

I also asked if he could shed any light on how the player plays, and this is what he said:

"He is a player from our private Ljubljana game where players tend to pick up ideas. He will make a lot of money frome weak players. Solid players should not have problems adjusting to his play."

So, there you have it. Take it if you want, but, my money still says he's a bot.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: The Ljubljana Conspiracy.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a dream about the consipriacy during my 6 hr afternoon "nap" today. Sklansky had murdered abdul jalib and was hiding out in an underground room in 2+2 headquarters. Some top 2+2ers were sorting out the facts and finally getting close to the truth. Some other top 2+2ers were in cahoots with sklansky and kept holding secret meetings with him in his secret hiding place.

Then somehow I was at 2+2 HQ and stumbled upon the hallway which lead to the secret hideout. When I looked down the hall I saw sklansky chasing mike caro with a shotgun. When he saw me he decided to chase me and instead so I took off and ran upstairs and jumped out a window. He continued to follow me down the street and his shots were coming closer and closer to me until all the sudden, just when I thought he had me, he dropped dead. Shot from behind. I looked back and saw Mason, gun-drawn walking toward David's body.

Then I woke up, thats the best I can remember it anyways. I couldnt make this sh!t up if I tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so bitter that I never have dreams this great.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:30 AM

I'm suprised the powers that be didn't lock the thread long ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: My Hypothesis

To add more confusion: Tonda is not a real name, or at least not a Slovenien name. Whatever it is, it has been made up. If we are talking about a real person who uses their real name then "Tanya" makes sense if they are Slovenien.

But very few are cool enough to be Slovenien.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:26 AM

"Kdo je lažnivec?"

This correctly translated is: Who is the liar?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: DERB is...based on Izmet Fekali Email

[ QUOTE ]
Take it if you want, but, my money still says he's a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If DERB were a bot, his play would most likely get worse as more players entered the pot. It might be interesting for someone with a lot of hands on him with Pokertracker should check his results with 2,3,4,5,6 players seeing the flop, and compare it with other players of his winrate, and separately compare with other players with the same VPIP/Aggression, even if the latter are losing players. It would be very interesting if losing players play better than DERB multiway. If there are no good comparisons to be made for winrate, examining AA, KK, QQ, JJ multiway hands that see showdown may be interesting. This is all unscientific.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If DERB were a bot, his play would most likely get worse as more players entered the pot. It might be interesting for someone with a lot of hands on him with Pokertracker should check his results with 2,3,4,5,6 players seeing the flop, and compare it with other players of his winrate, and separately compare with other players with the same VPIP/Aggression, even if the latter are losing players. It would be very interesting if losing players play better than DERB multiway. If there are no good comparisons to be made for winrate, examining AA, KK, QQ, JJ multiway hands that see showdown may be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is all unscientific.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 09:51 AM

there was a guy at the party 50 game last night named DerbsACheat, i would imagine he was a 2+2er, he only stayed for like 1 round tho
Old 11-12-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is all unscientific.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But just because you can't figure out a good methodology, this is not a reason to just throw up your hands and give up. Every time I sit down at the poker table I perform an unscientific study, if a guy plays the first two hands I see like he has the nuts, I tentatively call him an LAG.

In the real world, you can't just sit around waiting for perfect data.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, i thought to sort out all of these questions that we were having, I would just go straight to the source. Izmet Fekali.

I emailed Mr. Fekali asking him if:
1) he was DERB
2) If he wasn't, was DERB part of his "research group"
3) If he wasn't part of his "research group", the dose he know who he is?
4) If he still frequents twoplustwo.com

He said that he doesn't frequent twoplustwo.com, that DERB isn't part of his "research groups", but he does know the player.

I also asked if he could shed any light on how the player plays, and this is what he said:

"He is a player from our private Ljubljana game where players tend to pick up ideas. He will make a lot of money frome weak players. Solid players should not have problems adjusting to his play."

So, there you have it. Take it if you want, but, my money still says he's a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some contact with Izmet and Abdul several years back. Izmet is a cool guy but is capable of spinning so many stories that anything goes. That said, I still put my money on DERB being Abdul Jalib and not a bot.

~ Rick