Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: AA hand gets mini-raised on drawy flop- probably simple

[ QUOTE ]
Pick a better spot or reraise huge.

Listen, there's nothing wrong with folding here. Sure, you would feel like the man if you built a huge pot and the villain showed down JJ. But how likely is that?

But you would feel more confident in your game if you exercise some discipline, fold, and 5 hands later you stack this guy in a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

this is one of the toughest spots in NLHE imo. there's no good answer. against a bad player you can call and reevaluate, but mostly you'll be throwing money down the drain and you should decide whether or not to commit on the flop. on a dry board i think calling and shoving over the turn bet is better than a big RR.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:00 AM

It's very possible that you're ahead here. Keep in mind that this pot was not 3-bet preflop, so opponent is not necessarily going to put you on Aces. I doubt he's calling this down with a 5 in his hand, unless they're pockets. I really might think that you'll see overpairs more than you'll see sets here.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM

I'll put him on some kind of draw and reraise (~11) and call a push
The board is to bad for us just to call because we are afraid of a lot of turn cards

Don't think he is going to raise so small with a set on a board so bad..
Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 PM

I really hate calling and checking the turn because the draws are gonna check behind you and now his min. raise worked as he got 2 cards for very cheap.

Most likely I 3bet the flop and call a shove.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pick a better spot or reraise huge.

But you would feel more confident in your game if you exercise some discipline, fold, and 5 hands later you stack this guy in a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. OP, part of your difficulty/indecision is that you're assigning so much value to pocket Aces... when you should be more concerned with the situation as a whole. Instead of asking yourself "Is my hand valuable?" you should be asking yourself "Is my situation valuable?" In this light, your Aces are more of a regular hand.

If I were in your position, I would either fold or reraise huge. It's curious to me that he's being aggressive on the flop. He might be semibluffing a drawing hand, or (more probably) has top pair + high kicker, something like K9o. Another likely possibility is top pair drawing hand, like 96s. But he's a tight player (how tight? did he fold SB or BB to raise?) so you have to wonder if he would enter the hand with K9o or 96s in the first place.

I would put him on a pocket pair, maybe TT or JJ...
I would definitely not put him on a flush or a straight.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:17 PM

I think im good in marginal situations , but i still hate those spot.[censored] minimum raisers lol.
If u want to play your hand after his raise , RE-RAISE big , if not just fold right away.
If your a shark on this table pick a better spot for real.if not than its up to you.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM

I don't think we need to fold on the flop if we aren't going to reraise here. I could see reraising for stacks but calling here and re-evaluating come turn is what I would feel better doing. We can play for stacks if a blank comes and if a scare card comes we can either fold or try and keep the pot small.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM

yeah but theres no value in calling and re-evaluating.
If hes got it on the flop he got you crush , if not and a blank come u have no choice but to bet big and hes gonna fold.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

meh agiant a totall unknown I prob play this cautious call flop and bet/fold safe turn, c/r all in doesnt work very often here imo and might only get called by better hands even though villan is pretty commited if he makes close to pot sized turn bet.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:27 PM

Re-raise to $9. If he pushes, fold - you're beaten, and you aren't getting great odds.

If he calls, I'd push any safe turn.