Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, you're ignoring the fact that most people who are criticizing Daniel AREN'T offended by what he did, they're just amazed that someone with such a public presence DOESN'T realize that doing this is pretty foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people, like yourself, aren't affended by what he did then why are they (YOU) getting their thong in a bunch?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not worth explaining. Try re-reading the entire thread. If you still don't find an answer to this question, YSSCKY.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is def my last post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened?

P.S. Tough day? A lot of death wishes going on in this thread by you.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys don't understand because most of you don't know Daniel personally. Growing up in Toronto, both Daniel and I are used to a much more relaxed racial climate. We both grew up in a multi-culural city and have friends of all ethnicities. When I (a chinese-canadian) was dating Daniel, his best friends were two israeli brothers, a handful of various asians, and a black guy.

Only until I moved to the west-coast did I realize what a divide in races/classes there is here, and I can understand why there is so much tension about race issues (I watched Crash, ok?). I know that it is important to keep things politically correct (for most of the time), but I think it is more important to look at context. Daniel makes fun of all kinds of people, he's a pure comedian. Anyone who attended the CardPlayer Awards last year will definitely remember all of the racial jokes that emcee Brad Garrett made throughout the night... because they were hillarious! I think comedy used this way can be great to alleviate racial tension. I think plenty of us make these kinds of jokes in private, we just don't have our own daily video blogs.

I think this video was definitely not malicious in any way. In fact, I think Daniel does his whole rasta impression sort of as an homage to his hero, Bob Marley. Personally, this performance fell a little short for me, but in no way did it anger me or make me think less of Daniel or black people for that matter. Anyone who felt offended or angered by this video should really get over it.

Evelyn Ng

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem so bright, shocking you couldn't cut it in poker.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes human stupidity is just so overwhelming and mind boggling that it makes you break promises.

P.S. You're 34. Maybe it's time to throw in the message board towel, huh?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes human stupidity is just so overwhelming and mind boggling that it makes you break promises.

P.S. You're 34. Maybe it's time to throw in the message board towel, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am by no means the oldest person on the message board. I am dumber for having consumed your input. I will stop wasting cells with you now.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am by no means the oldest person on the message board.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should be proud of this.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

i don't know what you people are worried about, black people love Daniel, just like they love these guys.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:42 PM

daniel has lost his mind
Old 02-15-2007, 05:58 PM

I think people are trying to make this out to be some overly-PC mountain out of a molehill situation by emphasizing the race aspect. You can completely ignore the racial aspects and still find a great many things Daniel does as being extremely stupid and tasteless. An example is how he behaves to people (Rogan, Gordon, Raymer) - he has such righteous indignation over the slightest of things that only he sees the insult in, yet his usual double-standard means he can be vicious (Gordon, Raymer) or accuse others of being insensitive (Rogan) while indulging in such behavior at a much more undeniable level.

Hate to say it, but he reminds me of those Christian Ministers you see on TV that preach how to behave and what is right and wrong, but don't observe those things themselves (until they are caught, and then give a weepy "I have sinned Father" response for the camera). It's not the *potential* racism (which I don't think he is, just real ignorance and lack of education that allows racist-seeming behavior) that is troublesome, it is the hypocrisy in Daniel's behavior coupled with yet another set of excuses and rationalizations ("Honestly, I never thought for a second that ANYONE would be offended in the least when I did it. Not one." - Yet someone made the brilliant point that his story is now that he had private screenings for his Black and Jamaican friends, which I never believed anyway) that he shouldn't be allowed to get away with, at least in the public perception. I'm just glad (and not surprised in the least, though it took longer than I thought) that the TV-driven perception of Daniel as some guy everyone loves in the poker world (it is no surprise that he isn't a part of the FTP consortium), who is such a level-headed Christian (really just your typical preachy and hypocritical Christian), and who is worldly and smart (playing a game well not equal to college, sorry) is unraveling by his own hand. And it has nothing to do with a video being racist or not, just stupid is enough to enforce the point.

BTW, didn't Daniel just have some kind of revelation with God about his recent behavior? Does he really think he treated Gordon like a Christian should? He is exactly the kind of two-faced religious bible-banger that makes agnostics very weary.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 PM

otnemem,

Plz tone down the venom in this thread. Discussion is fine, flames and such are not.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all his sponsors should disassociate themselves with Daniel for this, and im not kidding. Just because he has established himself as "not being racist" gives him no excuse to publish an extremely racist video which he probably used as a way to increase traffic to his video blog to increase his $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are what my friends tend to call a "p.ussy"