Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
You all are being idiotic. This was not amusing, but it is harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-15-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
White chicks didn't offend me in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahhahahhaha omg post of the [censored] century.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Said: Not everyone thinks it's funny, which is totally cool and unimportant. What is important, is that my Jamaican friends think it's funny and the guy that I was imitating loved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, sure. Why don't you just email it them then instead of making it public? Because that wouldn't bring you the attention you so crave, would it?

And enough with your "I vetted it with leaders of the Jamaican and Black Communities because I'm so sensitive" BS, you've demonstrated many times your utter lack of caring about what others think. You "shoot from the hip", remember? Isn't that the image you and your handler agreed upon?

Really, your rationalization of your actions versus your hypocritical condemnation over others' very similar actions is grating. Stick to your own forum dedicated to the greatness of you if you want the validation you so seek.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow dude, get a grip.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

bro, just show us your hair, or admit you are balding, then it will be all good with me. please stop the denial, comb-overs are so played out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it loud, I'm slap and I'm proud!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 AM

by the way, if you havent voted yet, I would like to see a bigger sample so here you go:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...howtopic=88090

so far I cant help but laugh at my caucasian brother sticking up for the black man when none is needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and i'm black [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yes, and i'm not black [ 14 ] ** [21.88%]
No, and i'm black [ 2 ] ** [3.13%]
No, and i'm not black [ 48 ] ** [75.00%]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-15-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's boggled my mind all day because I am genuinely shocked at the reaction. If that was on television in Canada, it wouldn't get any reaction at all. So many similarities between Canada and the U.S., but man, so many significant differences as well.

I guess the Canadian comedy smash about a Muslim family wouldn't go over very well in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are really underestimating the amount of racism in Canada or overestimating the amount of racism in the US.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 AM

Daniel,

I did not watch the video, so no comments there. I just want to help you with some of the confusion over racial sensitivities. At least in the US, most universities preach a high level of racial sensitivity. You surround yourself with this sensitivity for 4 or 5 years and start to assume that all people should and will be very offended by anything involving race that is not 100% complimentary.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

I did not watch the video, so no comments there. I just want to help you with some of the confusion over racial sensitivities. At least in the US, most universities preach a high level of racial sensitivity. You surround yourself with this sensitivity for 4 or 5 years and start to assume that all people should and will be very offended by anything involving race that is not 100% complimentary.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is def my last post in this thread. Just wanted to respond to this. You obviously have no understanding of the historical significance of black face. Again, you're ignoring the fact that most people who are criticizing Daniel AREN'T offended by what he did, they're just amazed that someone with such a public presence DOESN'T realize that doing this is pretty foolish. It's just so cringey. It's like he's living a Christopher Guest film. And by the way, I didn't go to a liberal college.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I never thought for a second that ANYONE would be offended in the least when I did it. Not one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You're not that naive. And if that's true, why did you feel the need to have it previewed by an audience that included black members? I wasn't offended by it all, and agree that people are overreacting. But I think it would have been pretty easy to predict these overractions, which is why you had it previewed by an audience prior to releasing it to the public.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 AM

The video is definitely racist.

Before I watched it, I kinda liked black people. Now, after only a single viewing, when I see a random black guy, I think "wow, he must be a goofy dumb[censored] and probably not that funny sometimes".