Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 AM

Default $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do bad

Simple hand, but I play it poorly. Villan has like $338 in front of him and I've never seen him, so I assume he's a donk. I guess he could have a set here, but I can't really give up on the flop. Do I just fold the turn? Seems kinda weak if I do, but at the same time seems like bad line if I'm calling turn and folding to non-scary river. Sorry for simple hand, just think I misplayed it badly and feel weak just check/folding turn. Anyone bet/fold turn instead?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($338.60)
SB ($412.75)
BB ($668.70)
UTG ($640.60)
MP ($242.50)
Hero ($437)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $48</font>, Hero calls $24.

Turn: ($132) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $80</font>, Hero calls $80.

River: ($292) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $195.6 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $487.60
Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do bad

Queue a long list of people saying 'don't call the turn if you're going to fold a blank river...' Pretty tricky hand to play oop imo. I think bet/folding the turn is ok since we get called by flush-draws, weaker Ts, straight draws etc and hardly ever get raised by a weaker hand.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do

re-raise the flop
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do bad

[ QUOTE ]
Queue a long list of people saying 'don't call the turn if you're going to fold a blank river...'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I looked at the hh after and I wondered wtf I was doing. Just seemed so bad.

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty tricky hand to play oop imo. I think bet/folding the turn is ok since we get called by flush-draws, weaker Ts, straight draws etc and hardly ever get raised by a weaker hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that's where I'm leaning
Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
re-raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

really? thought a weaker player may be more than happy to get a flush draw all-in here if that was what he had.(if I re-raise flop) And I couldn't call against an unknown there since it's more likely he has a set if he comes over the top. You just re-raising, and folding to a push then?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Queue a long list of people saying 'don't call the turn if you're going to fold a blank river...'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I looked at the hh after and I wondered wtf I was doing. Just seemed so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I was implying that that advice was bad. I can't see we are ahead very often atall on the river so I like a fold as played. I can't see many people have the stones to bluff there. I don't think you're line is bad, just maybe not optimal.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
re-raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

really? thought a weaker player may be more than happy to get a flush draw all-in here if that was what he had.(if I re-raise flop) And I couldn't call against an unknown there since it's more likely he has a set if he comes over the top. You just re-raising, and folding to a push then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Levelled?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 AM

Snow - would you play AT the same as KT here. I think JJ/QQ is definitely in his range here btw, lots of people seem to hate repopping these hands for some reason these days.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 AM

re-raise the flop and get all in

you have top pair king kicker
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Turn is push or fold.