Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Ideas about organization and the support of the Libertarian Party

I have read the posts on here reguarding a potential march in Washington, the PPA, and trying to get a much stronger organization going.

I think these are all very important ideas, but I do not see the proper level of organization from poker players to really achieve anything.

If we look at the voting records of congress on poker issues, most Democrats and Republicans all vote in opposition to the rights of Poker players.

The Libertarian party on the other hand is generally supportive of Poker rights. I understand that the party has little to no chance of getting into major elected offices, although I do believe the lack of voting in local and even congressional elections does allow for political change if persons were correctly organized.

This though, I do not see as the main benifet of seeking help from the Libertarian party. In American history, third parties ral impact comes from the two major parties accepting some third party ideas in order to gain strength when the third parties make enough of a fuss about ideas that the general public agrees with.

I believe with the correct organization from the PPA or another group yet to exist, we could work with the Libertarian to organize public demonstrations and rallys to draw media attention to a problem a lot of people will side with us on.

Their party website: http://www.lp.org/

Also, head over to http://www.congress.org/congressorg/e4/ and find info on your local elections.

Check out your canidates issues, or email them your questions or concerns.

email@pokerplayersalliance.org

Is the PPA email. Perhaps if we email them with suggestions about organizing with the Libertarian party, we can get something positive going.

I believe this is important, not only to stop this bill, but to establish the right to play poker as a precedent for the future.

Any comments or suggestions?