Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Beat: I\'ve learned my lesson

Brick & Mortar, $1 - $2 No limit Hold'em

Reads: SB had announced to table 4,500 times in past hour "I'm here to gamble". SB has his chips arranged like logs on the ground, like the dealer's tray. SB been raising preflop 2/3 hands to $15, betting 2/3 of any flop $50.

Reads: MP1 very green. 3rd time playing, very loose calls with underpairs.

SB - $450
MP1 - $300
MP2 (Hero) - $430

Action:

MP1 calls $2. MP2 (Hero) raises to $15 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets $50. MP1 calls $50. MP2 smooth-pushes all-in $365. Why? I have no idea what possessed me to do this. My thoughts on his range didn't include 7-9 or 4-7, that's for sure..... More probably because his log-style chip stacks were getting on my nerves. Win the large pots right away? Ha!

SB thinks for 10 minutes. Declares that he knows I have 7-9 and flopped the nuts. This he is certain, for he announces it more than a few times.

SB calls $365, MP1 folds overpair.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB wins $925 pot with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Question: If you've convinced yourself that MP2 has 7-9, you are drawing to a 3-outer 9 to split the pot, no? Now, I don't blame him for calling one bit, but his logic confuses me.

Lesson learned: Don't go fishing near the logs.

Comment: I left table, but watching this guy try to log out $1,000 in red was still pretty amusing. I guess based on my stupid play, he can remember this pot for the rest of his life.....
Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Beat: I\'ve learned my lesson

[ QUOTE ]
Brick & Mortar, $1 - $2 No limit Hold'em

Reads: SB had announced to table 4,500 times in past hour "I'm here to gamble". [...]
MP2 (Hero) raises to $15 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz