Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Default How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

I am just a messenger here and don't even really know, for the most part, which players are involved.

Anyway about a month ago I happened to be in a (rare) 50-100 no limit holdem game with Kenny Tran, who I barely know, except that I hear he is one of the best high stakes cash game players. And I asked him how many of the top 20 high stakes NLH players nowadays, were mainly products of the internet. His answer was "zero, they can't lay down a hand."

Upon asking for elaboration, he told me that he was talking mainly about very high stakes, nine handed, live games. If the nine handed game happened to be on the internet his answer remained zero but it was closer. If it was a six handed internet high stakes game he now agreed that some of the top twenty would be those who are considered internet players. He also specified that he did not consider Patrick Antonius to be an internet player.

Again I barely know many of the players he was thinking of. And he didn't name them. If there are specific players who you are curious as to where he ranks them, you can ask me and I'll ask him. He gave me permission to start this thread which I am doing soley because it might generate discussion. I don't know enough to participate in that discussion.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
I am just a messenger here and don't even really know, for the most part, which players are involved.

Anyway about a month ago I happened to be in a (rare) 50-100 no limit holdem game with Kenny Tran, who I barely know, except that I hear he is one of the best high stakes cash game players. And I asked him how many of the top 20 high stakes NLH players nowadays, were mainly products of the internet. His answer was "zero, they can't lay down a hand."

Upon asking for elaboration, he told me that he was talking mainly about very high stakes, nine handed, live games. If the nine handed game happened to be on the internet his answer remained zero but it was closer. If it was a six handed internet high stakes game he now agreed that some of the top twenty would be those who are considered internet players. He also specified that he did not consider Patrick Antonius to be an internet player.

Again I barely know many of the players he was thinking of. And he didn't name them. If there are specific players who you are curious as to where he ranks them, you can ask me and I'll ask him. He gave me permission to start this thread which I am doing soley because it might generate discussion. I don't know enough to participate in that discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to see u posting more
Old 11-18-2007, 05:48 PM

FU Kenny Tran internetz foreva!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:53 PM

ask him about cts...idk if u read the aj hand or not
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 PM

I think the top 'internet' players adjust accordingly in 9 handed live games.

Look at Jman getting booted/not asked back over his nittin it up on HSP.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:56 PM

super high stakes 9 handed NL internet games dont even exist
Old 11-18-2007, 05:57 PM

kenny tran couldn't even use a mouse
Old 11-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Ya, since laying down hands makes winning players at high stakes online when bluffing frequencies are through the roof. Obviously there would be 0 adjustment over to live bluffing frequences of nilch

Kenny tran doesn't seem retarded but things aren't always as they seem. Of course it's obvious op was to create drama "oh btw he said internet players can't lay down a hand, discuss."

[ QUOTE ]
kenny tran couldn't even use a mouse but is right

[/ QUOTE ]