Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

If he really thinks there is no online players in the top20 nl holdem players worldwide he is truly delusional.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:22 PM

hasnt everyone whos been playing a number of years online folded kk in a cash game pf? ive done it a few times was right every time,however online poker has changed quite a bit in the last 18 months, lots more laggy players, so folding KK PF might be a bit tuffer nowadays...
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hasnt everyone whos been playing a number of years online folded kk in a cash game pf? ive done it a few times was right every time,however online poker has changed quite a bit in the last 18 months, lots more laggy players, so folding KK PF might be a bit tuffer nowadays...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about folding KK per se, it's about seeing through the guy's soul he has aces. Did you see the guy's soul through your computer screen or see his cards using one of your softwares on AP?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at Kenny Tran saying online players can't lay down a hand.

Isn't he himself a huge calling station?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raptor's post btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt KT plays cash games like he plays donkaments on tv...anyone play him live and thinks he is calling station?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:37 PM

Where's RiverBoatKing when you need him?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[20:51] rbk: well i cant get on 2p2
[20:51] rbk: i'm banned for 3 days
[20:51] rbk: :-D
[20:53] rbk: for telling someone to die in a greasefire
Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have let the thread run a bit before offering more thoughts.. i think a few people definitely hit on something about being the 'best' involving more than pure poker ability. the ability to engage fish, keep everyone interested and having a good time, being able to actually get INTO games, etc. all of these things contribute to being the 'best' live players i suppose, and in that case, kenny tran might just be correct. he cant possibly be deluded enough to think that in terms of pure poker skill the live players have a huge edge. that would just be crazy talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on Sklansky's original post, it seems like Kenny is that delusional. I don't see why there'd be a debate at all if all Kenny Tran meant that live players are better at making live fish comfortable.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[20:51] rbk: well i cant get on 2p2
[20:51] rbk: i'm banned for 3 days
[20:51] rbk: :-D
[20:53] rbk: for telling someone to die in a greasefire

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they both get banned?

I seem to remember Eskaborr wishing death as well.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David, im not really sure how super high stakes games work. when i played 500-1k nl/plo game at bobbys room this summer, it was capped at 7 people. most of the other higher stakes live games i have played start off 10 handed, but then eventually break down to a few of the better players playing short, then everyone quitting saying 'this stupid kid keeps reraising, hes so bad.' in a full ring 10 handed setting, i think Tran is generally right here, but saying not 1 of the top 20.. i mean cmon. most of us 'online' players dont know how to fold KK pf. it is the second best hand after all. Most of us DO seem to be able to adjust though but god forbid we do, they kick us out of the game because we play 'too tight' and dont give 'enough action'. apparently the 'live players' want it both ways. tons of idiot fish that play too many hands and play them bad.

MY guess is tran played online a little bit at higher stakes games (50-1+) and got crushed short handed. i dont know enough about his game to even comment with any authority, so this is speculation, but i would venture to guess that he tried to run a bunch of bluffs like he would in a live game against the nitty people that fold a lot and got snap looked up by 3rd pair more than once, and got frustrated. A lot of the high stakes online regs just have a ton more experience in playing short handed, as thats really the only sort of games that get off the ground. For him to say that not one of the top 20 high stakes NL players is considered an online player is just absolutely ridiculous. I would take me, durr, z, hac, (urindanger and his bro) phil (jman) and whichever 4 guys he picks in a 10 handed game all day, and OH MY GOD if the game was short handed.. The best thing about this, is we could actually set it up, and everyone from our side would be very interested in playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

"nh", say the railbirds...
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about folding KK per se, it's about seeing through the guy's soul he has aces. Did you see the guy's soul through your computer screen or see his cards using one of your softwares on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We get it, you can beat online poker and are jealous of those that can.

Lol, the idea that all online players act the same on TV is like saying all people in the world are right handed just cos ive seen a few people on TV write with that hand.

Also - ive no idea what Jman was meant to do on HSP - there were half a dozen players doing a one man show and he and Jen Harman were happy to let them get on with it in the absense of Simon Cowell there to judge who was the biggest clown. I have no idea what UCPS or whatever it was you also mentioned was so cant comment on the two other random guys you mentioned.