Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Playing Blind

So as I'm sure everyone who plays LHE has experienced, there are people out there, especially in the mid-level limit games that limp in with total garbage hands like unconnected, unsuited, mid-high card hands in early/mid position (e.g. 94 offsuit).

My question is this: What do you guys think is the psychology of a player who plays those kinds of hands, but folds others? Like what is going on inside their head when they look at 94 off and put in money, but look at another hand (which we never see) and fold it?

Like on a purely aesthetic level, doesn't 9-4 offsuit look ugly to an average person? Or J-3 off? Maybe my general perception is off?

OK, if this sounds like a whining post, I apologize. But I'm honestly attempting to ask a legitimate question so I can understand the mentality of that type of player better in my 20/40 game.

BTW, these are not people who are brand new to the game, but regulars in a 20/40 game I see fairly often over the course of months, so it can't just be written off as noob-ness.