Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-01-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Beat: lost my rent money

seriously dude get help...how can gambling even be fun if it's causing all this drama in your life?

p.s. I know it's probably not fun and probably wish you could stop...get help though man is all I'm trying to say
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 PM

it's "fun" for him precisely because it's causing him all this drama in his life. where fun does not equal recreational diversion or profits, just real hardship that makes him feel alive.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's "fun" for him precisely because it's causing him all this drama in his life. where fun does not equal recreational diversion or profits, just real hardship that makes him feel alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I need to find something else that gives me a kick in a more healthy way. Sports, for instance, or falling in love.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM

No one will ever realize that luckyjimm can get offered all of the good advice in the world on here and its just going to go in one ear and out the other because he has absolutely no desire to fix anything, and loves the attention he gets on 2+2.

That along with strangers bailing him out when he blows everything and is faced with adult responsibility and no solution for his childish degeneracy is just making things worse.

Same [censored] different day in the world of luckyjimm basically sums up his life in general. 35 years from now he will be eating in soup kitchens and depositing whatever the british equivalent of social security is onto ipoker every week just to piss it all away so that he has something for people to feel sorry for him about. He has absolutely no concept of the fact that his life is meaningless and despite being almost 30 he has the bank account balance and maturity level of a 15 year old. The only thing I feel for Jimm is pity and embarassment.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I need to find something else that gives me a kick in a more healthy way. Sports, for instance, or falling in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Down on his luck poker player turns his life around after finding true love with a hooker! We could go to Paramount with this plot.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

falling in love is a temporary high that, upon coming down from, you will seek out that high again. read: drugs, hookers, gambling, etc... repeat cycle.

it's obvious that you/I/we can only find something larger that you can contribute to (GA for some) or another community of people you care about actively (pick one), or a cause worthy of your time (say writing reflections upon the human condition as a struggling over-age adolescent male in civ society). this, combined with other difficult yet positively reinforcing commitments (exercise, team sports, etc.) will re-direct that impulse positively.

more highs and lows from falling in love will only serve as a temporary reprieve. don't take my word for it, ask around to other men you trust (oh, wait...). it's the same impulse for desire for deeper life misdirected towards a desire for gratification wearing a different skirt. imo.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Down on his luck poker player turns his life around after finding true love with a hooker! We could go to Paramount with this plot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult to translate the critical moment where he begs for handouts on the internet to get enough money to have one last session with her before her pimp takes her back to Russia, but I dunno, maybe we can do that in a montage.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can people please stop telling compulsive losers to stop playing poker? It's bad for business. K thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, u must be a shark
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM

but what did you learn?