Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

I don't see what is so wrong with being grateful for the opportunities you have been given. I feel very fortunate to be born in America with freedom and opportunity at my grasp. And yes, this appreciation greatly motivates me. Maybe I'm strange, but it would seem if i felt otherwise, I would be taking my life for granted. Also, there is nothing honorable about not having compassion for those less fortunate than you.

suggestions for OP:
-get up and eat a good breakfast-some eggs, oatmeal, and some kind of fruit. There's something about eating healthy that makes you feel good about yourself.
- wait about 15 minutes for the food to digest. Then, take a 15-20 minute walk. This exercise should get your blood pumping and help you feel better about yourself(I think exercise releases endorphins or something.)
- While walking, make sure to look around and try to enjoy the scenery-trees, houses, any animals you can find. The point of this is to take the focus off of yourself and all your faults (everybody has them). After you've cleared your mind, you should be ready to do some homework.
- Tear through some homework and study study study. I suggested you do this in the morning because you say you get tired when you go to study. Also, after eating well and taking a walk, you should have no problem staying awake.

It seems as if you might have dug too deep of a hole in statistics and you might have to abandon ship. THAT IS OK. Everyone needs to make mistakes, that is how we learn. I suggest focusing on your other classes that you can salvage a decent grade with.

Also, forget about failing statistics and not being able to transfer to a university. Forget about being 24 and behind the eight ball. Focus on the here and now-you and the classes you will salvage. If you focus on these negative things, you will not be able to perform to your full potential.

I can tell from the way you write and your superman analogy LOL that you are no idiot. You are totally capable of passing all your classes with at least B's. Just believe in your ability to accomplish things.

"Whether you believe you can or cannot, you are right."

"You cannot change your past, but the way to changing your future is acting in the present."
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 AM

OP, please feel free to PM me if you need any advice. I am going on my last semester of community college and probably have some information that could be useful to you (study habits, how to outline chapters etc.)
Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was making fun of the fact that OP and some of the responses seem to think the fact that somebody is worse off than you is somehow relevant to how good your life is. That is that you shouldn't feel bad if you think about the fact that others have it worse off. Worry about improving your own life. If you are irrational enough that somehow people you have never met suffering across the world can motivate you to improve your own life, then by all means use whatever motivating tools you can find.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't to make him feel good it was to empower him