Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 AM

Default NL400 flopped 2 pair

No real read about the villain, seems passive pre-flop but more active post-flop. Not a regular and playing only one table which gives the impression he might not be that good. Almost doubled up (~600$ pot) few hands ago when 3 barreled every street with 87 flushdraw and pair on the flop and got called down by a fish with the bottom pair on the river and the villain's pair of eights was still best. Can't find the HH so here we go:

[JerryD] T7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on BB
Villain raises to 8$ on the CO, I call 4$. 2 way action and effective stacks 400$ /100bb.

I'll see a flop with this, can't be a real mistake.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot 16$)
JerryD checks, Villain bets 18$, Jerryd raises 48$, Villain calls.

I'm not confident that a bet-3bet attempt would work (the board seems like a one that he'll just call with many hands), so I opt to check-raise. However I make my first mistake here and for some reason c-raise too small, i was preoccupied and messed it up, i know. About 75$ better?

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 112$)
JerryD checks, Villain bets 110$, JerryD calls.

The Ace sort of confuses me and i'm a bit worried that i'm outdrawn or then this kills all action. If he has AK/AQ/AJ for example which might be the case because of my small flop raise, i think i'm better off calling turn and river.I don't think i can check-raise all-in and get any real value from hands that are worse so I decide to call turn and catch a bluff or thin value on river too by checking. Leading the turn didn't seem good here.

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 332$)
JerryD raises all-in 223$, Villain thinks about it and folds.

Okay, i hit my full. I decide to shove because to be honest I don't know what better to do. My shove is somwhat strange so he'll might do some bluffcatching but i guess it really doesn't feel like a bluff neither. All and all very confused in this hand and played it pretty bad IMO. I don't know what got to me. Small pre-flop pot and a weirdish situation and got somehow confused.

I would very much like to hear what would you do on basically all the streets. Might have messed them all up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Is a check-raise on the flop okay? Turn 100% check-raise all-in?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: NL400 flopped 2 pair

Pf is fine, if you're good postflop. Some random who min-raises preflop usually has other leaks that you can likely exploit.

I like a CR on the flop in this spot.

Lead turn for like 90-100. The Ace will scare a large part of his range: T9, JT, some overpairs, etc. With these hands, he will likely check behind, but may call a bet if you fire. If he floated you with Ax, he will obviously bet if checked too, but he will also call if you bet yourself. Therefore, leading the turn seems like the best move to get the most value from his range. CRing the turn is such a strong move after CRing the flop. Double CRs are rare so if you do it here, he will likely fold. However, due to the randomness of double CRs, he may convince himself to call with JJ-KK or a pair of aces if he thinks you're full of [censored].

River shove is pretty obvious.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: NL400 flopped 2 pair

[x] masturbated to your avatar.