Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

ya i quit drinking soda a few weeks ago and now drink like 500 gallons of water a day so im used to having to piss every 10 minutes anyway. i should probably be drinking water right now, i have no idea why im not. i feel like im [censored] seasick but there arent any annoying seals that be stealin my yellowtails.

stinkypete: yes of course its the redbulls fault. whats more realistic, horrible hangover from drinking too much or from like 3 redbulls? PRETTY OBVIOUS ITS FROM THE REDBULLS AND NOT FROM DRINKING LIKE THE WHOLE BOTTLE OF VODKA. its divine punishment for drinking a woman drink

at least my throat doesnt hurt as bad. no clue if it was just from drinking that my mouth/throat were dry or if tylenol is actually being useful. should i read "the double helix" by james d watson first or should i go with "field notes from a catastrophe: man, nature and climate change" by elizabeth kolbert? the one that sounds incredibly boring needs a 5-6 page paper written about it and the double helix needs an 8-10 page (or 1800-2k words which less than 8 pages so prob like 1801 words for me). the boring book paper is due tues and the longer but less suicide inducing one is due thursday but i can turn it in tuesday and have the prof look at it and give tentative grade and i can redo parts to improve which would prob be useful since i got only like a C on the midterm.

im still pretty excited about playing more nl at least. life could be good if i just played like 600-1k nl online and a little live nl or mixed game. i actually enjoy live but lately i have a lot of horrible habits that i had always thought i was immune to that are only going to come into play in a live game so maybe its best if i stay away. plus i cant play at the bike anyway if nobody has money.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 PM

btw i asked gallagher last night at oceans if it would be possible to play mix on friday (he has said it was a possibility before and they have spread triple draw so mix at oceans > everywhere else in san diego) and its basically 110% no but 75 should go for sure so in the event nobody wants to play (crazy mike hasnt called me, others havent answered back which they did every day in summer. even roc hasnt texted or called me even despite throwing some drunken texts his way last night. maybe he was actually doing something, maybe he is busto, i have no idea. i do know that im not playing 3 handed with dd and stinkypete. im also not playing 4 handed if its just roc unless we can magically play badugi/deuce. there are a couple oceans people that i should really get the phone numbers of and invite them to play with us. one of them i have played with lots at oceans 40 w/ overs and 75 and he has expressed interest in HO mix at oceans and the other a lot in the 40 and i see him play 1/2 stud at commerce regularly so i know they are willing to play other games and their action is enjoyable.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do know that im not playing 3 handed with dd and stinkypete.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we implement some sort of mandatory alcohol drinking I guarantee this is a good spot for you. In fact, can we spread 75 holdem or mix at Ocean's with a minimum drink rule? I think would be +EV for us and Ocean's bar.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 PM

theres absolutely no way i am ever going to drink and play straight holdem shorthanded. i have already imagined in my head what it would look like and how i would play considering the way i normally play lhe normally and it wouldn't be pretty.

ill play plo8 or like EOQ and drink as long as we have 6+ people so that i am guaranteed to be huge favorite by being nitty.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if this is bad post, very drunk, throat very sore, also very tired. biggest loss ever today of like 13500 playing 10/10 nl at oceans. actually like 13300 bc i spent about 200 on cocktails. got the money in for >2k five times and was pretty happy with it 4 of the times so not a particularly big deal i guess. got the money in in like a 6500 pot w the nuts only to get rivered which i believe is biggest pot ive ever lost so that wasnt so great. dont care about money bc as i said fairly happy with how i got it on all but once and god willing i will be winning money in nl online and never playing live anyway. only thing im unhappy with is that i was stupid enough to drive home instead of go to atm and take out a few hundred to play $3/6 until i could safely drive home bc i am still extremely drunk i am ashamed to say and most certainly should not have gotten in the car. so much for +9 at commerce and 1500 in 1/2. -3kish now in nl for the past couple weeks. oh well. at least im safe, hopefully im smart enough to not drink as much or at least not drive home in the state im in again any time soon.

if we played mixed i need someone to buy commerce chips bc i have literally like $100 cash to my name right now and the rest commerce chips or online money.

i will prob post more dumb stuff tonight bc im fairly sure im gonna be awake vomiting repeatedly as my stomach is not feeling so hot right now. a million vodka tonic+half a million vodka red bull aka chick drink = feel like [censored].

edit: wow regretting drinking tonight. ill prob be sorta frustrated about the 13k once i wake up tomorrow but im really just so disappointed w myself for driving home. now my throat is [censored] killing me, im gonna feel like [censored] for thanksgiving tomorrow and worst of all i have like a 6 and a 10 page paper due on tues/thurs respectively that im going to have to write while likely feeling like dogshit as a result of letting myself get sick tonight. if sore throat goes away and i feel well in the next couple days i will consider the 13k lost a smallprice to pay bc poker is really not important to me lately. winning would be nice but if i somehow do not become solid nl player after like 50k hands online i think i may retire from the wonderful world of frustration aka poker for a while, or even better permanently. break even >800 hours = retardo city. please nobody call me in the next 15 hours or so about a mixed game, phone will be on but im going to be asleep/in coma until someone wakes me up for thanksgiving dinner prob, only gonna take time to get up and vomit to the max every so often.

bad judgement [/end gay rounders quote]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so funny... definitely a story to tell your kids. I would be the Whale in your mixed game and would definitely drive to SD for it, but I have family over for the weekend.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM

no youd be huge favorite in mix. im fairly sure that sycuan is rigged against me. also crazy mike roc and jamie play really well so its not surprising they beat me.

i have heard you are brutalizing online games while 500 tabling. btw do you really think i should bet the turn in that 10/20 hand i posted? i guess i must have been giving these guys too much credit bc i thought any nonretard would soil themselves and fold anything but a set if i bet the turn after the dude calls 900 cold and the other calls 6 more. i ended up stacking the early position player that hand as he shoved after it checked to him on the turn but i was really pretty disgusted by how i played the hand. on the flop it was like i somehow forgot i was playing no limit and the goal of my hand was to stack someone and perhaps i was somehow playing limit where i needed to c/r the flop so i could b/3 turn when the clear play is to bet/3bet flop.

also i didnt realize how ridic overpriced alcohol is until just now. bottle of grey goose is $50 at costco. tonic is like $0. one drink costs $4.50 or something but i was giving cocktail waitress like 8 per drink which im pretty sure is a gross overtip but when i want to get drunk i need her to come back as fast as possible. and bring me like 3 drinks at the same time at last call =/. i expect that each drink has roughly $2 worth of vodka in it. oh well, at least its not the bike where they try to [censored] poison me by putting a lime in there and then laughing it off when i tell them to do it right and put a lemon in the next one. or even worse the time they tried to commit double murder by giving me the grey goose soda and mike the jeweler the grey goose tonic.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Sounds like you had a rough couple of days... happy thanks giving!? Maybe you will feel better if i posted my last month's graph of getting murdered at the poker table.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 PM

i'm a lot less worried about the money than i am about feeling like death 15 hours after my last drink. if i play good and lose then i have nothing to worry about. if i play bad and lose its my fault for playing bad.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no youd be huge favorite in mix. im fairly sure that sycuan is rigged against me. also crazy mike roc and jamie play really well so its not surprising they beat me.

i have heard you are brutalizing online games while 500 tabling. btw do you really think i should bet the turn in that 10/20 hand i posted? i guess i must have been giving these guys too much credit bc i thought any nonretard would soil themselves and fold anything but a set if i bet the turn after the dude calls 900 cold and the other calls 6 more. i ended up stacking the early position player that hand as he shoved after it checked to him on the turn but i was really pretty disgusted by how i played the hand. on the flop it was like i somehow forgot i was playing no limit and the goal of my hand was to stack someone and perhaps i was somehow playing limit where i needed to c/r the flop so i could b/3 turn when the clear play is to bet/3bet flop.

also i didnt realize how ridic overpriced alcohol is until just now. bottle of grey goose is $50 at costco. tonic is like $0. one drink costs $4.50 or something but i was giving cocktail waitress like 8 per drink which im pretty sure is a gross overtip but when i want to get drunk i need her to come back as fast as possible. and bring me like 3 drinks at the same time at last call =/. i expect that each drink has roughly $2 worth of vodka in it. oh well, at least its not the bike where they try to [censored] poison me by putting a lime in there and then laughing it off when i tell them to do it right and put a lemon in the next one. or even worse the time they tried to commit double murder by giving me the grey goose soda and mike the jeweler the grey goose tonic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't give 99% of live players credit for putting you on a set, even on the driest board. The only time to check that turn is if you have a really solid player to your left, in which case you would check/fold to his bet, but pay off the other guy obviously. Most of the times you will get called when you bet the turn by the same players that will bet if you check to them, so there is no deceptagame benefit in checking the turn. The only deceptive thing you should consider here is betting small, like 800 or whatever the same bet you just made was, because obv with that board texture there are no draws and it makes it cheaper if you take that line as a bluff ever, and doesn't allow people to read into your bet sizes. Obviously, betting anything 800+ you can shove the river for less than a psb and noone that calls the turn on that board ever folds to a river bet of any size. Bet/3betting the flop is fine too, but c/r is definitely just as good live. Online, always c/r that spot because people cbet wayyyy too much.

Also, alchohol IS too expensive; it should come free with an Ocean's label on it like their water, because it is definitely -ev for players and way +ev for their business and waitresses.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 PM

crazy mike is home in WA. yeah good luck getting a mix at oceans lmfao
Closed Thread